GH: May Discussion Thread

• Members

Sonny's anger justified? :blink: Given that SONNY is one of the main reasons Michael's in this predicament, he has no justifiable anger IMO. He and Carly and the borg are why Michael got 5 years. The cover up made the crime worse than it actually was.

Carly, Jason and Sonny all need to STHU.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I agree, I think that Carly, Jason, and Sonny are all the reasons that Michael is where he is now. I agree with that one hundred percent.

However, I think Dante is a PRICK. He goes on and on now about wanting to tell the truth, but where was that truth when he lied to protect Sonny when he SHOT him, where was that truth when he PROMISED a 12 year old kid that he wouldn't turn his back on his brother? Where was the "truth" when he swore up and down Michael would NEVER get prison time?

He is a pompous ass, and what he did to Michael WAS completely wrong. It wouldn't have even been so wrong, IMO, if he hadnt been such an arrogant, pompous, sanctimonious ASS for so long before it.

So I think turning in his own brother WAS wrong, and I LOATHE hearing him say he did it to tell the TRUTH, considering the amount of lies and manipulations he has caused since he came to PC.....So THAT'S why I think Sonny is allowed to be angry with Dante, because even though Sonny is responsible for Michael's situation, Dante is still a backstabbing prick.

And like Sonny said: Sonny doesn't deserve a better son than that, but Michael DOES deserve a better brother.

• Members

I cant express how much I HATE Sonny, Carly and Jason right now. Self righteous trio of pigs. When the judge said he cant send Sonny to jail for being a bad father or something to that effect, but how about false confession? Obstruction of jsutice, tampering with evidence, wasting the courts time, conspiracy and any other charge that can be brought up? Sonny and his gang have commited lots of crimes to protect Michael and most of it is on public record. They all shuld be charged, arrested and sent to prison. The fact that the judge acted like he couldnt do anything to send Sonny to jail was a joke

Morgan is such a wuss. This recast hasnt done anything to change that. I used to find the character cute but he is just way too naive for my liking. Im really getting annoyed by he, Molly and Kristina patrolling around town. Speaking of which where is Alexis? Please get back to her storyline, you know the most interesting thing about GH

LMAO at the Tracy, Skye and Maya exchange. Tracy saying that Maya hasnt been around long enough to earn the title of tramp was hilarious

I found it rather creepy Lucky standing in the apartment with Lulu and Dante half naked after just having sex. Thats his sister.

• Members

I agree I don't think thaat Sonny Carly and Jason are anything but arrogant right now. And the judge is stupid. I think viewers would find it entertaining to have Carly, Sonny, Jason, Spinelli, Sam and MAxie all in jail together.

Put Sonny and Spinelli in a cell togehter, Carly and Sam, Jason and Maxie...All people who are SURE to get on each others nerves...THAT's a storylien that would keep my attention.

I agree, Morgan is naive...He has the personality of a 6 year old.

NLG posted on twitter that she is off the air for a week an a half...I think she had another commitment and they had to put her storyline on hold for a little over a week, but theyll get back to it soon.

• Members

Um... Lulu's brother and Dante's partner, Detective Lucky Spencer, maybe?

I could be wrong.

It's funny how Lucky, the actual cop who FOUND MICHAEL, GOT A CONFESSION OUT OF HIM, WOULD NOT LET JASON TAKE HIM OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND BROUGHT HIM IN TO THE STATION TO BE PROCESSED BEFORE DIANE COULD GET TO HIM is somehow completely absolved of any "wrongdoing" by the Gruesome Threesome.

Yet, Lulu, whose only crime was not calling Carly, is being raked over the coals.

Last time I checked, both Lulu and Lucky were Carly and Michael's cousins. Why is all the hate going to just one cousin -- the cousin who performed the lesser of two "evils?"

• Members

Lucky HELPED michael. He never FORMALLY arrested Michael, and his entire confession to Lucky was unusuable in court because Michael had not been mirandized. So even though Lucky DID his job by bringing Michael in, he deliberately didn't arrest Michael for the crime, and didn't Mirandize him, but instead he gave him an oppurtunity to get it off his chest without Lucky legally being allowed to use it in court.

That's what the whole scene between Judge Carroll and Lucky was about, because the judge figured out that Lucky was helping Michael, and even though he brough Michael in, Michael didn't HAVE To confess again, because Lucky didn't mirandize him.

So technically, while it seemed Lucky was being a prick, he was really helping his cousin, and he did it in a way he could play off as a "mistake" to the judge.

And even if you want to overlook that, Lucky and Carly have never been close. Carly, despite all the [!@#$%^&*] she's pulled and how hypocritical she is in general, has ALWAYS been there for lulu as a shoulder to cry on and a mothering/sisterly/friendly personality, and Lulu EFFED her ROYALLY.

• Members

i forgot to comment on the hypocrosy. Lulu just gets a verbal beatdown from Carly for not being loyal to her bc she didnt tell her about Michael. Lulu then gives Maxie a verbal beatdown for not being loyal to her and telling Jason about Michael. You can tell Lulu and Carly are related.

Thanks! Glad to hear theres a plausible excuse for putting her on hold

• Members

I know, that was insane. After LuLu chose HER man over her family, she's going to chew out Maxie for choosing HER man and LULU'S family over a friend that she couldn't stand a year ago? It made no sense, and for once I agreed with everything MAxie said in retalliation.

No problem. Yeah I was kind of worried when we stopped seeing her, I thought they were fizzing the story out, but then she posted that on twitter and I was very relieved.

• Members

Then I must be writing bad checks, because I'm not buying ANY of that crap.

Jason said to Lucky just look the other way for five seconds and they'd be gone. Lucky, instead, drew his gun and refused to let Jason take Michael. Lulu could've called Carly all she wanted. Michael had LEFT THE APARTMENT, so by the time Jason got there or Carly could've gotten here, they'd STILL be in a pickle because Michael took off.

It was in that precise moment where Jason, Lucky and Michael were at the boathouse that could've made all the difference in the world. If Lucky went to all the trouble of not arresting Michael so Michael could have an out, only to be called into the judge's chambers and questioned, then why not just let Jason take him? He wouldn't have even NEEDED to tell the judge anything, because nobody in authority knew where Michael was at the boathouse let along that Lucky was even there. But he stuck to his badge and "had" to take him in. If Lucky had let Jason take off with Michael, Dante's grandstanding wouldn't have been as effective because there would be no Michael to produce. But the minute Lucky brought Michael in, it sealed the deal.

No phone call from ShrewLu to Snarly would've changed that. I am not a fan of either of these women, but I'm also not blind to the gross way this story is being written to make Jonathan Jackson's Lucky blameless. If this was Greg Vaughn, trust me. Lucky would've been beaten up by Jason and Michael would be in some unreachable part of the world by now. None of this would even be happening.

• Members

I have to disagree with this though. Because Lulu and Michael sat and talked for howeverl long, DROVE to Lulu's apartment, then had like a 10 minute conversation before Lulu ever left. So, if Lulu had called Carly THE MINUTE she found Michael, Carly for sure could have gotten there in time.

And I agree, Lucky didn't completely put Michael first. HE still "honored" his badge by bringing Michael in, but he DID honor his family by not arresting Michael, and making his confession to Lucky invalid. So, IMO, Lucky was completely better than Lulu in this situation.

When Lucky brought Michael into the police station, anything he said to lucky was completely unusable in court. Michael could have, if he wanted, recanted the confession he made to Dante, and chosen NOT to confess.

IMO, Lucky did nothing wrong. He upheld his duty, AND watched out for a family he has NEVER been close to. Lulu turned her back on a family she's known and loved for YEARS, for a man she's known a few months.

• Members

I agree, GV's Lucky never would have "beaten" Jason, but I do think this would still be happening. It just would have been Dante who got to Michael first. I say that because I think having Michael sentenced is setting up several stories that TPTB are itching to tell. It's giving Sonny/Dante and Carly/LuLu conflict for sweeps,

. Plus I'm sure it will set up some summer story for Michael.

I don't even think TPTB are trying to make LuLu bad in all of this. They gave her good reasons for doing what she did and they brought Tracy in to defend her against Carly and Tracy was speaking nothing but truth.

Plus, I'm pretty sure DZ is someone TPTB see as lead material in case SB decides to actually go through with his plans to retire to Tennessee one of these days. They finally woke up and realized they need a back up plan just in case. Since LuLu is paired with the latest favorite, I'm going to guess she and Carly will be close again by summer and Dante is not going to be a cop much longer. But hey, that's just my idol speculation for the week.

• Members

I think NEWCOMER DOMINIC ZAMPROGNA is a horrid actor, and I don't know why they see him as such lead potential. I haven't really found many people who instantly loved him, and those who learned to like him (like myself), have all been alienated by the prick he turned out to be...I just say they write him and Lulu out now as leaving town defeated, and then usher Lulu back in a few months later, having gone to that magical school in the soap world where you get your degree in a week, and have her work as a nurse. That would cause some major dramz in the hospital between Liz and her, and would be better than the [!@#$%^&*] she's getting now.

I think DZ is wretched and IMO is making JMB intolerable too

• Members

:lol: I didn't say it was going to work. I can't get a sense of how DZ is received by the audience. Unfortunately, I have to agree with TIIC that online fans are not representative, if they were than Sonny, Jason and Carly would be reviled by the general audience and I think it's safe to say they are hugely popular among many of the people still watching. I'll never understand it. Maybe part of it is that online fans resent "airhogs" more than offline fans.

What I wonder is what changed their minds about making Johnny the new lead. I was sure that's where they were headed at one point. I'm glad they dropped that idea when they did, but I wonder why it happened. Was it that the Z's failed as a family? I'd love to know. Now Johnny seems to be in the Alcazar position. He's still on the show, but he basically has no connection or reason for being there. Like Alcazar, I keep thinking he's going to die every sweeps, but he keeps hanging on.

Archived