GH: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. That's why I loved the storyline on GL, when Reva was put on trial for "killing" Annie's baby.

IKR?

So stupid.

Dante would be dead but Michael will still be punished.

Not understanding the logic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

EDGE didn't have a budget either, but their courtroom drama was still, nonetheless, riveting.

ABC would be wise to get Jill to develop her own daytime "Law and Order" show to ciphon off the audience that travels to USA and TNT in the afternoons. She could pull it off.

• Members

Michael's name was said in every single scene on Tuesday's ep......soo tired of that, everyone has this never ending morning wood over him, it is so pathetic! New fresh story lines needed, immediately. Can't wait for this to be over, if it even will be.

The Borg is clueless, I just don't understand it. Killing Dante will get you nowhere, dude. Get over it.

Love Tracy, so underused. She was firing on all cylinders, you go girl.lol

• Members

Love Judge Carroll LOL...he has added the perfect amount of venom and comedic touch to this trial. Absolutely loved his speech to everyone in that courtroom on Tuesday's episode, after Michael was arrested and sent to be booked.He told it like it is, and layed things down.

If only Carly and Sonny could really be convicted for perjury, and I wonder if Claire will end up losing her job? He said that if she knew all along that Sonny was innocent, she could possibly lose her job. She didn't know, right? I kind of want her to lose her job, and then have GH KEEP her, and do something else. But that's way to much to wish for, ...

• Members

That is an absolutely genius idea. Not only has JFP long wanted to do procedurals (she mentioned as much as far back as AW, when she was revamping the show and sets), but the analysis that daytime viewers are switching over to L&O is spot-on.

Jill wouldn't even have to look far to populate this kind of show. Carolyn Hennessy has long said she wouldn't mind a contract. Diane and Alexis open up their own law partnership. Claire Walsh has been a hit with viewers, I would say -- is this the beginning of a frenemy/antagonistic professional relationship between the Federal prosecutor and the the-best-defense-money-can-buy lawyers? One thing, though: please, no Mac in this spin-off.

As a big fan of The Good Wife and Damages, I would love to see a Daytime show like this. TGW has been especially good at balancing office dynamics, courtroom trials, high-office political chicanry and personal drama lately.

He absolutely does remind me of Ives and Big Daddy! Burl Ives was quirky, sly and brilliant in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

• Members

It's about time Snarly got her ass handed back to her. She's spent WEEKS blaming everybody for this mess -- everybody except herself, Sonny and Jason, of course. She left Michael even more confused, guilty and sickened with himself with her mixed messages: We're going to spirit you out of the country to hide you from the law. However, you did nothing wrong, you were protecting your mother and your baby sister. You're a hero!

Laura Wright did what she was supposed to do with the material she was given. However, the hair-tossing of her elaborately blown-out hair, the snarling curl of her mouth everytime she bullies somebody about "mah sonnnnnnn." It detracts from what the writers want us to feel, which is sorry for Carly. Honestly, I buy she's upset about her son possibly doing time for murder and can understand it... but I wonder if she, Sonny and Jason are even more upset about the fact that they can no longer Play the Big Hero (and consequently tell everybody what wonderful, caring people they are) now that their cover-up has been exposed.

Julie Marie Berman has become the Nicole Kidman of soaps. So much botox, the girl can no longer react or emote in her scenes. She just stands there like a blank little Bratz doll.

• Members

I hear ya. But see, I think she thinks she looks the bomb. What with the long, blonde hair extensions (that make me think of Paris Hilton), the botox, the nose job, the pout, the cute-dress-and-flats. The whole look is so conformist. How many celebrity blogs have pics of Kristen Bell, Jessica Simpson, Kate Bosworth, Hayden Pannatierre, even (dare I say it) Lindsey Lohan once-upon-a-time-when-she-was-blonde-and-anorexic, all these TV girls styled and looking exactly like this?

• Members

I think she looks pretty good for the most part. Better than the average person on the street certainly, but not a true beauty. I just meant that since being able to move one's face is a pretty big part of acting, you'd think an actress would want to at least wait until the first signs of aging were upon them before they jump on the botox train. I see it as a trade off. At some point aging will harm their careers given how sexist and ageist Hollywood has become, but botox can do the same. Why go there until the early 30's or so? I guess that's a question for DaytimeFan.

Archived