Kylie's 11 album, out July

EricMontreal22

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kylie's started performing Get Outa My Way (second single) on her PA performances--she's in Australia this week (partly to spend time with Dannii and her new daughter), and was on the Alan Carr show in England a few days earlier (what is up with the UK and their love of having very flamboyant gay men host chat shows?) The song and performance are as gay camp as possible of course, and I love them (and Tony Testa's choreography). It does sound like some of the chorus is too high for Kylie to sing live to (it's to a backing track so she just dances some parts...) She looks fantastic though--with her hair straight and down she shockingly looks similar to how she looked in 1990 for the Better the Devil video.

On the Australian show Hey Hey it's Saturday (which oddly airs on Wednesdays :blink:) she confirmed that she would be bringing this world tour to North America after the success of her mini tour last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs9kbN6Uly4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

I'm almost scared to bring back up Kylie--her album was a big seller in the UK and Europe but not in Australia and the second and third singles have been huge flops (despite one of her better videos for Get Outa My Way), but the tour is doing good business.

Is anyone going? I'm seeing her in San Fran (the same weekend the Scissor Sisters' musical of Tales of the City starring Betty Buckley premiers, so I'm in gay Heaven). It's kitsch to the core, even for her. But I kinda love what I've seen online (shocking, I know). It has one of the most expensive stages ever--THE most for a concert because of the waterworks used for the final act, done by the people who did the Wonderful World of Colour at Disneyland.

Here's her take on... Not sure--umm Greek mythology/Barbarella--with the angel--and The Eurythmics

• Members

I think you're even being generous calling it a "big seller" in the UK and Europe. It's OK to admit it Eric, the album was a commercial flop, even Kylie's admitted it. :P

As for the tour, I heard it's being slightly edited down when it makes it to the US. Not sure how true that is though.

• Members

HAHA she admitted the singles were a flop--it was a top ten for last year in the UK. But it definitely underperformed--another thorn in Parlophone's side. But I think she's also reached the older demographic where that happens--the way Take That's album is a hit yet the singles have done [!@#$%^&*].

The tour is meant to have a bit of a different setlist in N America and they say they are "fitting it" to the venues. it's playing a stadium in Toronto--but 3 nights at Hammersmith in New York which is a SMALL venue for that kinda show.

• Members

May 21. (which works out cuz I'm going to see the new Tales of the City musical, with music by the Scissor Sisters opening week in San Fran the day before--it could be awful, but couldn't resist). And I was wrong--no Toronto date, but there is a Montreal one (but ironic, given my name, it would have cost me much more to fly there than SF...)

Archived