Kylie's 11 album, out July

EricMontreal22

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Give Me Just A Little More Time is one of my favorite Kylie songs from a very underrated album, Lets Get To It. I love the video and how playful and sexual it is. I hate that she doesn't really perform songs from that album anymore. She even finally dropped Finer Feelings. :(

• Members

Cliches work fine in dance music--Camilla Paglia had a great Salon article about disco and why lame lyrics like "Let's all chant" mean more on the dance floor than something from Bob Dylan would. Kylie's metacritic score is actually already stronger than it'sbeen in a good while.

I thought you didn't think the production was very good, Sylph? I assume the bolded bits are what you agree with--

• Members

Yah, big congrats to Dannii. I admit my initial appeal to her was just how she was always the flop sister--her music was like Kylie's but usually cheaper--I loved her 90s Girl album, and Neon Nights is a classic (and actually did well) but then she released track after track, and her Club Disco album to no success, which is part of the appeal to me. :D But with her success and exposure from X Factor, it'd prob be wise (baby aside) to try again now, if she ever is going to again.

Oddly, she did promo when Neon Nights came out in Montreal, that was the only stop in N America (!). I assume cuz her then boyfriend, racer Jacques Villeneuve lived there--anyway I got to meet her and see her do two songs at a PA at Musique Plus (the Quebec music channel)--there were maybe 25 of us there, but she was SUPER sweet (and surprised to see I brought my old singles that hadn't been released here to be signed) and had a surprisingly confident live voice.

Back to Kylie and Aphrodite, I'm a little surprised, knowing how expensive Xenomania are to work with, that so far their only two released tracks recorded with her for this album, Mighty Rivers and the very sweet Heartstrings, are bonus tracks (on iTunes and the Japanese release, respectively).

Archived