Wings(tv show discussion)

dragonflies

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked this show a lot for 3-4-5 years. I'm not sure why I stopped watching, I guess I just lost interest. I saw some later stuff and Helen's sister on the show got on my nerves -- I'm blanking on her name (I know she's John Ritter's widow). The only time I remember enjoying her in a show was in a Quantum Leap episode.

I agree that the cast was underrated. There were some fun episodes. One I enjoyed was when Frasier had to come for some sort of seminar, and wasn't he mixed up with a train meeting or he had to blow a train whistle or something. And there was the one about the time capsule buried at Joe and Brian's old house. And one where Roy buried something in his backyard.

I remember how much fun Laura Innes was as Lowell's wife. There was one episode where she tried to seduce, Joe? I was like :o

And the episode where Tim Daly's sister, that little known actress Tyne, appeared as a rich lady who "kept" Brian. That led to the hilarious scene where he decided not to leave with her, and she had him strip down to his underwear. Then, as the closing credits came up, she said, "Those too."

• Members

Take Taxi and Cheers and put them in an airport, and you have Wings...

And weirdly enough, this seems to be a show I can only enjoy when its aired on USA. :lol:

I remember when USA used to re-run it a million times a day, but when I watched years later on Nick@Nite, it just seemed alien on their schedule.

• Members

I agree Zendall Fan,

Wings can't be compared to Cheers or Taxi. It's in a league of it's own. I always thought Wings had more feeling and heart.

One of my favorite episodes is when Helen ran her Jeep thourgh Joe's office.

I always Cry when i watch the episode whenh Lowell left and Joe and Brian nail is hat up.

• 10 months later...

Archived