Y&R: Patty Spoiler

• Members

From TV Guide:

paraphrased

It says on May 3rd Jack will finally realize his current wife Emily is his ex-wife Patty.

PB says it is crazy stuff to play but he has to defend his character because he's so wild about Emily, and that they had a short courtship, and he kept ignoring all the red flags till it was too late.

Jack will find out "Emily" has Patty's diary, he looks at one page and realizes something is terribly amiss. He confronts her and she denies it. He will then put a plan in motion to expose her.

PB says this has never been his favorite plot device but credits SH for making it work.

Jack will be determined to fix things with the real Emily. He says she might not be too open to that after spending all that time in a padded cell. She'll be wondering why it took Jack so long to figure this out. Two weeks she might be able to forgive, but probably not four months.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe I would care if they didn't dumb Jack down so badly in order to tell this STUPID story. It's one of the big reasons why I quit watching.

This show is a mess.

And please, JUST LET EMILY AND PATTY GO. STACY HAIDUK IS NOT WORTH IT! SHE'S NOT THE STAR OF Y&R!

I have no intention of watching Jack with any character played by Stacy Haiduk again.

• Members

How in the world does Emily have moral high ground when she chose to get involved with him in the first place? She went on and on to him about how he'd caused Patty's madness, yet she still got together with him. Is she surprised that he's not exactly a great husband?

Just a lousy story, and it sounds like PB agrees.

• Members

This could have worked if they arranged things differently from the outset. They should have not had Victor be the one to dig her up... they should have just had her breeze into town, and then slowly reveal who she was. but WAIT, what needed to happen was that Patty Jane is really some psychotic Jane Doe, who was in group thearapy with the REAL Patty, and wanted to steal her former life... and after all the reveal went down, MONTHS later... after she's gotten out on a technicality and wreaked havoc... THEN Lilibet Stern marches in to town to the jaw dropping amazement of everyone. (this would have required Emily Peterson to NOT EXIST)

• Members

F this Bill Bell did it too crap... Bill Bell made it work 80% of the time and when he didn't he cut his losses and moved in a different direction. These louts shouldn't even be able to say the NAME William Bell. Someone needs to tell Maria and co. that they aren't in Kansas anymore... and then punch their teeth out.

• Members

Well, actually, PB crossed the line w/ me when he made those comments re: VR. But I was willing to "live and let live," so to speak, b/c, after all, you can't ask a White man to understand how a Black woman feels. OTOH, he was there when Bill Bell was still in charge, so he knows damn well this [!@#$%^&*] MAB and Co.'s writing now ain't Y&R by a longshot.

Archived