A Different World (TV Series)

Eric83

• Members

Debbie Allen has said they've tried to do it, but Bill Cosby won't allow his name to be taken off and nobody wants to touch a reboot that says "Created by Bill Cosby." I wonder if they couldn't just put that in the end credits where it isn't noticeable. I do agree this show is overdue for a reboot.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You really found it on your own, but if my suggestion led to you checking other video platforms, which eventually led you to the video,  then I'm glad.

Please register in order to view this content

There is a video of Kadeem Hardison being asked for his thoughts on why ADW had not gotten a reboot and he hinted that certain powers that be would not allow it to happen, although he admitted it was speculation on his part.

It's sad that they won't allow a reboot, which has great potential, unlike the majority of the reboots that have already happened. 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The way they treated Lisa doesn’t surprise me, and pretty sickening that a young pregnant woman was treated like that.

Her comments about the show not being a timeslot hit is funny as we’ve discussed this at length in past threads. However, the data backs up ADW being a timeslot hit despite what Jasmine claims. Without the Cosby lead-in, the show suffered and that had nothing to do with Martin (it didn’t even really directly compete with it in that last season and Fox was still a fledgling network that didn't have ratings comparable to NBC in primetime). Cheers had become a legitimate ratings hit in its own right along the way (that surpassed even Cosby) in a way ADW never did. I do think the show was ultimately undervalued by NBC though as they were more than happy to move it to Saturday in that last season and watch it die with little to no fanfare.

Yvette Denise Lee, who created Martin’s Thursday night companion on Fox, Living Single, got her start on ADW, and of course a lot of ADW actors were guest stars on Living Single.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Found myself bingeing this on HBO a ton lately for chill after work and IRL stress alongside Abbott Elementary - my first consistent watch of the show in many, many years. I've always liked the late Mary Alice, but her role here with Lettie's history overseas is really interesting. I understand why they wrote the character out as others evolved, but I still wish she'd hung around longer as the show got better and better - her literate, worldly energy is unique and fascinating.

Edited by Vee