AMC: Tuesday April 20, 2010

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh. All that's missing is the whoopee cushion and a flower that squirts water. He needs to stop. I even thought all of the chicken references today should have come to a close after the first act it was mentioned in. Loved Daisy's confused response: "...chicken???"

It's like they're trying to sell MEK as the next John Ritter.

• Members

I don't care that much for Tad these days, or any day since somewhere around 1998, but I thought he was OK in Palmer's memorial episode. The scene where he comforted Opal felt believable to me, and while I did think the chicken stuff was annoying (and I think James Mitchell hated that storyline), it didn't bother me as much as Jake smirking about Palmer's impotency or lack thereof, which just seemed more like some weird attempt to get the RPG "humor" into the episode. I think they did a good job, overall, of showing the profound loss many people felt without Palmer in their lives, and the somewhat clunky comic interludes didn't drag that down for me.

Tad was never very fond of Palmer, or vice/versa, so in that respect, I thought Tad was believable as the person who is sad for other people but not all that sad for himself.

I was more offended by Stuart's death because I never felt like any of it was actually about Stuart, or Adam. It was about this lame "mystery" no one cared about in the first place.

I prefer the self-contained episodes to that type of thing because at least you get a few more scenes of genuine grieving, albeit compressed.

• Members

I dip in and out, I didn't want to get too invested since they're having another headwriter change and in case Rylee start up again. I haven't seen a lot of Tad recently. He seemed OK in this episode. I was a bit worried he and Jake might have some scene where Jake smirked about evil Palmer keeping Dixie from Tad, and we'd get Martin family entitlement, but thankfully there was none of that.

I'm glad to hear that he's improving.

Archived