AMC: Tuesday April 20, 2010

• Members

Actually, I didn't really mind Kendall either (though I was a bit distractd by that PBS kids show yacht set she was on). It would have been nice if they had her sort of giggle to herself and toss out a throwaway about watching that little rascal Petey. I hope they weren't afraid of making Kendall look too old. :unsure: Probably just skipped their minds (though I could see them shying away from that bit of history if Petey is indeed one of the Cortlandts who'll be returning and tangling with the likes of J.R. who Kendall used to sleep with).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't show it, but I always like the old clip of Phoebe in her mink coat flinging open the doors to the library at Cortlandt manor, RW looking dead into the camera of course, and Palmer sitting there calmly, smiling, "Phoebe, what an unpleasant surprise."

I don't think they ever did this, but recreated flashbacks of Adam/Stuart, Palmer, and Lottie played by younger actors would have been interesting and fun. The guy who plays Scott would have been well cast as young Adam/Stuart.

• Members

Thank you for mentioning this. The presence of KWAK generally pisses me off anyway but having her shoehorned into an episode focused on somebody she knew in passing/hadn't gotten around to marrying for their money enraged me no end. AMC can't stop propping this ho. It's like "Ooooo, see? Krystal knew Palmer! That means she's an amazing person. Love Krystal! Adore Krystal!"

Also out of place: the pre-tapped Kendall segment where she called to say that Zach wasn't letting her come to PV. And then started yapping about Greenlee and Ryan. For [!@#$%^&*]'s sake. Couldn't they have flown in Daniel Kennedy for a couple of hours instead?

It was hard to watch the Anniversary segment of James Mitchell/Palmer because he looked unwell. But the clips were amazing. Palmer and the dobermans! LOL Also, that flashback of Opal showing up like My Fair Lady at the ball. Jill Larson looked like Grace Kelly in that gown. The most moving tribute, for me, was Adam's, maybe because the theme of "saying goodbye" extends to him, too.

• Members

I read that Alicia was asked to be a part of the Palmer tribute episode and that she shot that scene a good while after she had taped scenes scenes with Rebecca and Greenlee's confrontation. Did Alicia shoot those in NY on The View set? Or did she fly back to LA?

• Members

seemed way to fast. I was under the impression that when the show opened up that he had only been dead for a few minutes. Nina was able to find out and find a flight and be there before the first commercial break? I think I would have preferred it had yesterdays show taken place a day or 2 after his death with everyone gathering at Tad's house to reminisce. Things would have semed a bit more plausible

• Members

Good question, I don't know, but then my question would be why was she specifically asked to be part of the tribute? :unsure: Why not ask someone still in the cast to round out the ep, or Daniel Kennedy for that matter? I don't see Kendall's relationship with Palmer being that key.

• Members

Since Mona, the tributes to the big vets have seemed more and more compressed. Of course Mona was the lead character's mother and she died while still relatively active on the show, but I feel like we spent weeks dealing with her passing and the ruckus Kendall caused at the wake, et cetera. Phoebe, Myrtle, and now Palmer had not been appearing on the show that frequently due to illness and they have had progressively less focus on them pre- and post-memorial services. I don't care for the "Let's do it in a day" approach, these characters deserve better. Phoebe had Brooke who was already being sidelined, Myrtle had Erica but her passing became more about Zach, and Palmer has supporting character Opal, an ex-wife and daughter who had to be flown in and many newer fans never even knew they existed, and a son who they DID now about but the show chose not to work him in.

• Members

After Tad's behavior at Stuart's funeral, are we really surprised by his inappropriate merrymaking?

I thought it was a great episode, of course. All of the right ingredients to get me sitting in front the TV with a dirty dish towel in my hand. Everybody's touched on everything I thought about it, but I'll just add a couple of points:

Daisy/Nina - They got some scenes together, alone! I can't believe it! And they were so great together, so natural. This episode would not have worked without either one of them.

Krystal - I didn't mind her being there, really. It's not unusual for someone who isn't as connected to the deceased to be on hand to help out with anything, like the food and such. She and Palmer did meet several times in passing, so I also didn't mind her briefly mentioning him being a gentleman. Including her in the candle lighting montage was too much, though.

Kendall - I didn't mind her, either, but the talk about Ryan and Greenlee and Zach was sooo not needed, even if it was only a few seconds. Did not need to hear that. The talk about Palmer getting her and Greens to get their act together to run Fusion was good, though, and it would have been a hoot to flashback to the scene where they were rastlin' on the floor at Fusion and Palmer comes in, empties a vase on them, and asks "What the BLAZES is goin' on here?!"

It always makes me sad to think of how long ago F. Heflin/Mona died. Phoebe, Myrtle, and Palmer all left us within 5 years, but Mona was so, so long ago. And wasn't Heflin younger than the other three?

Archived