AMC: Tuesday April 20, 2010

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something told me the Dixie thing was coming. Like with Minshew, I figured they wouldn't have Cady there as Dixie in heaven after Mitchell's death knowing they were in the middle of planning a tribute episode and not do something timeless where they could manage to slip it in whenever they were able to do the episode.

This was a sad episode, but in a good way. Simple things I can't really describe. Just nostalgia and a personal affection for James Mitchell's work, I guess.

• Members

I thought the show was decent up until the last segment, which was absolutely perfect. The words the actors spoke, the picture collage, Dixie welcoming Palmer to heaven (a very very nice touch IMO and rarely do TIIC seem to think ahead like they clearly were when Cady was taping her scenes months ago), and the picture they chose for the "In Loving Memory" card. Loved it!

Anyways it's nice to see some positive comments. Coming from other boards I've seen David fans furious because Vanessa wasn't mentioned, Dixie haters saying the show was ruined because Dixie was on, etc etc. Good lord.

As for JR I'm going to assume there was some practical reason Jacob Young couldn't appear in the episode (although I can't think of one since they could have pre-taped something if he wasn't available the day they filmed the scenes at Tad's).

• Members

The way they did it makes sense for Petey not being there. Daisy was already in PV, and Nina had a much shorter distance to fly.

But I do wonder what they will do with Petey now that he is coming back to PV (albeit off-screen). Will they say he is staying in PV and reference him every now and then ("Pete is babysitting Kathy and Emma.") but never show him? Or will they say he went back to Switzerland to be with that girl he met? Or, being AMC, will he never be mentioned again?

Archived