Top 100 Pop/Top40 Songs of 2005

R!ck

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for Kelly. Hopefully, she'll win the Best Female Pop Vocal Grammy and beat out Mariah! :D

Speaking of Mariah, I was a big fan of hers years ago, during the "Music Box" period, but I've gone off her since she became the R&B diva. And, in my opinion, MIMI is an irritating piece of trash! :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm glad Kelly got high honors-I love those songs-but I'm really surprised :o how Gwen Stefani's SMASH HIT "Hollaback Girl" which I believe put her cd to the top (after it had been on the charts for awhile) is only #9 on the Top 100. I'd figured it'd be at least in the top 5 considering how much money Gwen made off it. Does anyone know how they rate these songs (so they take these places on the charts)?

• Members

Sorry folks: The Emotions Album has them ALL BEAT! That is probably the best album ever released. At least, in my opinion. But I tend to enjoy things that are very underrated and overlooked.

At times, I do miss her "Sugary-Sweet" ballad songs, but if this is what she has chosen to do, then I'll support and stick by her music no matter what. MIMI holds up just as well as the rest of her albums, IMO. And besides, I'd rather pay Mariah $20 bucks than Ashlee "Your Boyfriend" Simpson.

Those shorts were so classy though. I watched the Loverboy video and thought "WOW, she is so beautiful and classy."

NOTHING about Mariah says skank. Sorry.

Oh and BTW, I love Kelly Clarkson too. Have both the albums and if I had spare change, would probably buy "From Justin to Kelly" just to hear her sing again.

ETA: And what list is this anyway?! Is this chosen by critics or by the number of weeks spent in the top-ten or what?

Archived