AMC: Actress Talks About Her Return

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definitely. I don't want her to come back all whiny and whatnot. I want her to come back with her old attitude, like how she was when she came back in 2002. I so miss that Kendall.

I know AMC probably won't do it, but I really want the show to keep Kendall single, and do something totally different with her. I fear the show will put her back with Ryape, though...or head straight for Greenlee\Ryape\Kendall territory, which would be horrid. Ugh

• Members

This is the very definition of what I call Battered Viewer Syndrome. I walk away but then the show lures me back with sweet promises that "It'll be different this time." and "I promise it'll never happen again." In spite of myself I begin to trust all over again. I forget the bruises, the split lip, the weeks and weeks of Ryan. And just when I'm feeling good about Natalia, Brooke, and nuLiza they bring back Kendall to slap me in the face, push me down the stairs and kick me in the ribs as she tells me it's all my fault because I burnt dinner.

• Members

Very Glad that Alicia is staying with AMC. She IS the definitive Kendall. Alicia is a much needed cast member and Kendall a much, much needed character, since she's the eldest daughter of Erica Kane and is quite a bit the Erica Jr. of AMC. I somewhat hope AMC kills off Zach but wouldn't care if the role were re-cast either.

• Members

Oh probably, but she really didn't before Zendall became such an obsessive fan favorite... So fingers crossed. (Don't Zack and Kendall still top the SOD polls of fave AMC couple? LOL Of course I think John and Natalie top the OLTL polls--who the [!@#$%^&*] answers these polls??)

• Members

I think that Kendall works as a character with proper writing. Which for me, means:

- Kendall is not the show's heroine, nor is she defined by her love interest

- Kendall is self-destructive but can also be tender and a champion for those she loves

- Kendall is not there to be rescued, falsely accused of various crimes, or involved in various crimes

- Kendall and Erica push each other's buttons while still looking out for each other

- Kendall and Greenlee are not friends. Kendall has mostly male friends, like what she used to be with JR.

Kriezman and Swajeski did a decent job with Kendall-esque characters on GL, like Dinah, so perhaps they will surprise us.

• Members

Swajeski also wrote for Kendall-esque characters at AW, such as Vicky, and she did well with them.

I understand why so many people are sick of Kendall but I think it's just been the last 3-4 years of bad writing which has damaged the character. I don't think she is permanently tainted or a dud, like Ryan.

• Members

So agreed Carl, especially with this part. I remember her relationship with JR! I miss them interacting together. They weren't exactly a couple, but they had each others backs all the time and they had a genuine friendship. I really wish AMC would go back to JR and Kendall's friendship, that would be great. And you are right about Kendall having mostly male friends, as opposed to Female.

Archived