Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. Id have just went with 7 women then. Eva doesnt mesh with this group. Monique would have been fantastic but she likely declined bc she was in talks to do LAM:DC and signing on for this would have killed her reality opportunities due to Bravo's non-compete clause

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Monique also announced that she turned down a WWHL appearance because she doesn't owe Bravo anything. Personally, I think that is stupid. I would hold my head high and show up and show I have a new show. Also, Andy was supportive of her. As for her Girls Trip replacement: LISA WU! This woman was excellent in both of her seasons (and Sheree said she brings it when she returns this season), but she's largely ignored. I don't know why she wasn't called or why they don't bring her back as an official friend. I hope the thing Sheree teased puts her back on peoples radar.

I'm not sure if it was discussed, but in Carlos King's latest podcast, he mentioned how he was offered the EP position for season 11 of RHOA, but turned it down because they wouldn't allow him to work with his production company and wanted him as a contractor. He's mentioned that before, but the bombshell is that he was *thisclose* to becoming the EP of RHOD for season two. He said he saw potential with Leanne and had big plans for the show, but again, they wanted him to work as a contractor and Goodbye Pictures didn't want to share the production duties. He said the biggest issue with the EP for RHOD is that he had never done a Real Housewives show and didn't understand it, which we know is true. 

It's such a shame because he was critical to launching RHONJ and RHOA, the two highest rated franchises. Why wouldn't Bravo give him a show at RHOD? Goodbye Pictures has only ever produced forgotten one season Bravo shows. They choose him over a proven hit? It makes no sense, but whiteness allows you to get rewarded for mediocrity. He said he's still open to reviving it, or producing another HW show, but who knows if Bravo will do it.

• Members

RHOMelbourne

We are post Dubai and the Lydia takedown continues. It really is jarring as she was part of the inner circle the first two seasons and is now the Full on villain. Her snapping at Pettifleur after Pettifleur defender her was hilarious though.

• Members

RHOMelbourne

Good god Jackie went in HARD on Lydia. I honestly felt bad for Lydia. We know all these ladies talk [!@#$%^&*] behind each other’s back, so it’s a little unfair for Jackie and Pettifleur brought up Lydia talking to them off camera.

Can’t wait for this reunion in a bit. Wasn’t expecting this episode to be the finale. It actually ended on a fight with no resolution.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

RHOMelbourne reunion 

I’m sad to know this is the last we see of Chyka. Happy to no longer see Pettifleur. Lydia is a great villain. Susie ultimately seemed like single white female when it came to Lydia, even if I believe Lydia downplayed their relationship.

So sad season 4 is our last with Gina and Lydia. Don’t know if I’ll seek out season 5.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Chyka pops in as a FOH in seasons 4 and 5. She, Jackie and Janet remain close friends.

I felt that way about S5 for some months. Couldnt bring myself to watch. I tried ep1 and abandoned it after 10 mins. Then I sat down and watched S5 last week. I was finally ready to watch it. And, completely to my surprise, I really, really enjoyed it. I even lowkey stopped missing Gina and Lydia. And I didn't expect that at all -- I was ready to hate it and dump it again. Clearly it is a transitional season, and none of the newbies are Gina's calibre. Her place is safe should she ever choose to return! But... it was a short, 10 episode romp, rather entertaining, with good guys, bitchy villains and gorgeous Australian backdrops. 

Try it when you're ready to.

• Members

RHOA opening episode S14:

Really enjoyed the opener. I've felt disconnected to the RHOA women for a few seasons, feeling that the production team at that time were focused on surface and scripted shenanigans, and weren't going in deep. Well, this first episode just let them be and let them express themselves and was all the better for it.  Sheree showing up at Kenya's dance practice (Kenya looking good with the moves btw) to surprise the other women was a great unscripted moment, as was her talking about Tyrone "it was quick" LOL. There is a longtime comfort level there. Marlo is clearly the self-appointed pot-stirrer and came out of the gate running. Sanya looks like a good new addition who reminds me a little of Lisa Wu and her early-seasons family dynamics. 

RHOMelbourne S5:

Only 10 episodes, and no reunion with my favorite grumpy teddy bear/fashion designer, Alex Perry? I imagine lockdowns and lower ratings conspired to make that happen. Nevertheless, as I said to Antoyne upthread, I personally loved the season. It never flagged. Petty dramas as the cast split into Team OGs vs Team Newbies. Nothing horribly toxic. Covid barely reared its ugly head -- the producers worked hard and FAST to keep the show appearing like it always has. 

First of all, Anjali. I didn't like her from get, and I was vindicated. This condescending, self-obsessed, deluded snob. She clearly felt above the cast because she'd been a CNN reporter. This b!tch was acting like she was the Christiane Amanpour of CNN's Far East. Gamble let slip that it had been 10 YEARS since Anjali had been let go

Please register in order to view this content

from CNN!! And hadn't worked since. Oh, the delusion. And she bolted early from the show because she didn't want to be called out on how bitchily she treated Simone and Gamble at dinner. Fool screwed up her TV comeback.

And Kyla in all this? The season's spot-stirring, strategic chess-playing villainess. She doesn't just share a name with Kyle Richards -- she actually looks like her, with long, witchy dark hair and a Dynasty-lite wardrobe. (She also said she was 39 when she easily looked a good few years older). She tried to bring down the Queen, Janet, who played it perfectly all season. She knew blast from the past Kyla was on to take her down, so she bided her tine until Kyla revealed her hand -- and then it was on! Janet demolished her.

Cherry, Kyla's wingman, was the true sniper from the side. The self-proclaimed yoga-loving peacemaker, Cherry was actually just as villainous as Kyla, only more cowardly. Glad she was exposed too.

I loved Simone, the Greek Chorus, who quite quickly realised (strategised?) that her place was with the OGs. An upbeat, smart presence.

Gamble, Janet and Jackie were all in great form.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Kyla, Cherry and Simone back again next season. But Foxtel tends to hire and fire pretty quickly.