Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Well, well, well... we knew the day would eventually come.  RHONY was in such a precarious state. I actually thought they were in danger after Season 6, but the show really dug itself into a hole with so much of the cast from the stellar Season 7-11 era falling off.  

I'm interested in seeing what *new* RHONY they are able to come up with. I see them being younger too. However, I hope they don't go too young across the board. You can have a cast of Housewives that range in age from 35 to 55, but I gather their new crop will barely hit 45. I'm glad they're taking it seriously and putting thought into it. After seeing their success with SLC, it's apparent a brand new fresh batch of women will still interest and titillate the longtime Housewives audience. 

Plus, we get a special Housewives: NYC OG spinoff, which I love.  How funny that these shows have been on so long, there's nostalgia for the early days. They truly are like modern day soap operas. I think Andy *wants* Ramona there, but also knows how polarizing she has become. Still, I feel like you can't do this without her there. She is literally the only one that was there from start to finish without ever getting briefly demoted. The history with LuAnn, Sonja, plus the delicious frenemy history with Jill and Dorinda and, well, everyone else aside from the newbies (Leah/Eboni) is too juicy to pass up. 

I haven't finished the episode yet, but on WWHL, when Andy/LuAnn discussed who she'd like to see brought back, she mentioned Kelly, Jill, and.... Aviva! 

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have a lot of nostalgia for the old RHs. Some months ago, I watched Miami S1-3 again for the first time since it aired; I was hooked! I also watched RHONY S2-6 as part of Peacock's streaming service launch because it had been 100 years, and it really was That Show. It was addictively good. S3 Reunion practically broke me out in anxiety hives, it was so climactic.

Yep, I noticed the Aviva mention, too. Is it only me who could do without Kelly? She was awful. She, Luann and Jill have been friends all this time, though, which I guess says something. Which is: Narcissists can be loyal friends, too! LOL, I kid, I kid! 

Please register in order to view this content

Luann still looks phenomenal, and I'm guessing that this latest incident at the bar practically guarantees her a place on the OG reboot.

I think 35-45 is too narrow an age range for RH. You might as well call it Summer House

Edited by Cat

• Members

No, I don't think it's a bad move because mixing newbies with the established vet housewives was not working. However, I think we will see Bravo cast younger, 30 - 45 tops. And that may alienate a lot of viewers because seeing mature women, with established lives and histories, onscreen is what drew a lot or viewers in.

SLC has proven that being a younger demo can work - but I wonder what that will look like in New York. If this is Gallery Girls 2.0 Bravo is shooting themselves in the foot. 

• Members

I’m also a huge Kelly Bensimon hater.  She really got under my skin Season 4, especially at the reunion and how she treated Alex. I really wouldn’t want to see her back. She made Luann insufferable too. 

I also thought Potomac was already filming!!  Weird, what took so long?? 

• Members

Maybe they delayed because they were filming Karen's Succession spin-off. Which may say a lot about Karen's contribution to the RHOP ensemble. Production might have wanted her available, present and focused on the mothership.

• Members

Her snarling, inexplicable hatred for Alex and obsessive gaslighting (preventing her from speaking numerous times) is lowkey stressful to re-watch. I'm not even going to touch on the chemically-imbalanced crazy, or delusions of her own 'stardom'. I'd rather check out if Cindy Barshop and the vajazzle spas have moved into lasering!

Would love to see Jules back. Gone too soon IMO, and she had more story to tell, but Bethenny wanted her and Luann out after S8; Bravo didn't want to get rid of Lu, so Jules was dropped to appease the Beast.

Speaking of Lu, and this might interest @DaytimeFan from a financial POV -- apparently Luann is not doing the Legacy show. She got a spinoff with E! when things were so uncertain with RHONY. Rumor has it she was not pleased about being moved from the mothership and lowballed on the salaries. Some unsubstantiated accounts suggest the OGs are being offered $100K for RHONY: Legacy. I don't know if that's per episode or one sum for the whole season, but it is lower than they were getting on RHONY proper. (I'd still snap up the $$ if it was me, though. 3 months work for what many earn in a year).

• Members

I agree with never understanding Kelly disliking Alex so much.  Out of all the women, Alex was the nicest to her.  And I do recall some Simon/Kelly hijinks once or twice in season 3 before Scary Island.

I'm going to be honest and say Bethenny's return to NY was the start of the decline.  Not because she was back, but because the producers gave into her demands so much.  She worked better as part of an ensemble than as the star.  Also, she quit on them in short notice..and the show has suffered since with a lack of focus.

Same thing is happening with OC with Heather.  Maybe the producers want to kill the franchise so they brought back Cruella Deville.

And I think it's better to take breaks in filming.  Allow the women to resume their lives