Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

RHOA

I meant to do this earlier, but Lockdown does have me keep weird hours and I do want to make time so...

I actually did like the finale. After watching it few times, I don't think I saw Kenya touch Nene at all. But then again, didn't one of the girls say that scene was edited recently?

Now I believe we all said last season was a transitional season. I agree with that. This season...it started strong, but post Toronto was all over the place. There were still good moments, but it did not feel like there was an ending. Thanks to last week's Secrets Revealed, we know why. And since someone else mentioned it I think above...I believe we mentioned in passing waaaaaaaay back due to TT that this season they had a new producer. it showed.

By the end...

NENE. Kenya called it in Toronto. She was on an apology tour and even though she did not seem at all sincere except with Porsha, she still got back in. Ugh. And then she acted the same way she was before. I am sorry, but I miss Season 1-5 Nene. I liked her in Season 6, too, but her current persona started then too I feel. Her bitterness. And she ended the season with half of the girls back. And yes she said a BUFFALO. I think I am just over her so I am looking forward to the reunion.

KANDI. I don't want to leave this season without saying that while I am gay, Kandi was looking BANGING this season. Her style and fashion was on point all the way through this season and it was hard to miss. And her at Carnival I believe was the hottest she has EVER been on the show. She has her moments, but not start to finish on a season. Love it. I also loved her friendship with Kenya and Cynthia. Not much drama until the end but it was relatable drama. She at least almost always has something going on.

PORSHA. I feel like someone should find that Tyra Bank gif for her. She was so the heart. I could totally feel her pain. After liking her for a few seasons now, I just want to shake her for taking Dennis back. And now he wants to backpaddle? It was like her storyline also disappear shortly after Toronto. Love her friendship with Tanya and her having her back. That has been organic to me. But her getting back with Nene. Ugh. Why, Porsha, why?

CYNTHIA. This should be her last season. Or at least have her and have her leave next season halfway through a la LC on the Hills. That would be the prefect ending for her. She is happy and her family is out in LA. And she can do her business from everywhere. I am envious. lol. But she started strong and ended happy. We got drama from her very Snakegate, but getting good with Nene again was the end. I am happy she is not totally under her like before though so backbone is still there.

EVA. I admit I agree with the rest of you all that she didn't do much. However, I did love her THs this year with their Phae Phae lite shade.

KENYA. So much potential with her return. And it was fun. And she was messy. Then it got dark and I don't feel Kenya completely recovered. Glad she was back. Still the center really. Her feud with Marlo was good. Her rivalry with Nene was good...until it wasn't. Then her and Marc...LORD!!!  Then we have Secrets Revealed that has Marc in a good? light and one has to wonder about the edit. She definitely keeps me guessing. 

That said...it's time for Kenya and Nene to either call a truce, actually fight, or one leaves. This is just too much now. You best play a good game of chess. But you have officially (for now) hit slatemate. When Kandi is over you, it's time. There needs to be some kind of resolution. 

That also said...they had 3 rounds and for me...

ROUND 1...TORONTO. Kenya won that all out. But at that point, she was PO enough with the Marc stuff to beat Nene's Butt and I would have liked to see it.

ROUND 2...GREECE. A draw. Nene started it, but I found in the following episode Kenya held her off just fine, especially mentioning that she carried off without her. And can again btw. But they both did walk offs.

ROUND 3...KANDI'S. I would say Kenya again. She did stand her ground. If I didn't know about editing, I would say she got Nene's goat and won. But by that point it was such a over this already.

THE REUNION.

That reminds me...in case some of you all missed it, before the season ended Nene was poking the bear in Kandi online (love the Kandi/Candyman gif that was floating around) for a while when Kandi was not studying her. So Kandi going in on the Reunion clip (as well as the history of Kandi taking the mostly high road) is LOOOOOOONG OVERDUE. 

The clip I posted has a hint of Nene v Eva. And I hope Eva brings that Diva ALL THE WAY out.

Again, it sounds like this is Season 10 Reunion again, but Nene subbing for Wig. I hope that is true because just like Wig that season, everyone was ready to film with her again, but she started all that drama and got what she deserve at the reunion for that. Nene for me is no different. In fact, she should have gotten dragged last year. She was the one with all this energy on WWHL. For her to get redeemed, like a good villain, time for comeuppance. Go down fighting, but GO DOWN. Nene...IT'S YOUR TURN.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think that would ever work because Teresa fans would let her get away with murder. I don't think any of the other women hold a candle to Teresa in terms of audience engagement. I don't think Margaret/Teresa is a copy of Kelly/Vicki. The producers might try to push her out, but the rhonj viewers would never buy it. It's like the Porsha fans who ignore the rape allegations, the homophobia, the fake first marriage, the idiot comments, etc. If Teresa had perpetrated a cancer scam or attacked production, I don't think her fans would care. I'm not a Teresa fan so I might be wrong, but that's the way it feels to me.

• Members

Normally I'd roll my eyes at their ridiculous outfits, but after being on WFH for almost 8 weeks...I'd probably put on my best outfit as well.

Nene needs to go, the show will go on without her.  In fact, it might have a new lease on life without her (like NY without Bethenny).

• Members

That's very true of what I've seen with Teresa fans. But that's why I feel the producers are taking a long way around approach.

Please register in order to view this content

Time will tell if we make out of this darn lockdown though.

At this point I feel the best parts are going to be (besides people's reactions) Kenya vs Nene and Kandi vs Nene which is why there is next to nothing being talked about other than hints and that lovely Kandi video she did today. 

Still like the clips though. 

• Members

Andy better share those texts with the audience!

And I know everyone is ready for Nene to leave the show (I admit I am a little Nene-ed out after all the goose-honking this season), but her railroading Eva in that clip was ok by me.

I do agree with @chrisml regarding Porsha. Those rape allegations she threw at Kandi (and got off scot-free after Phaedra took the fall) have always prevented me from embracing her completely. Even though I recognise she has improved her image leaps and bounds in recent years and is genuinely funny. If she is stepping back into old habits of accusing people of complete BS 

Please register in order to view this content

. By the same token, if Kenya did talk about Cynthia behind her back, I want to hear about it.

... j/k! I cannot wait to watch Kyle expose her own ass. The crown fedora hat is heavy, darlings.

• Members

Kyle getting picked on by Dorit and Rinna, with a silent co-sign from Denise puts a smile on my face. And sigh... that "Goodbye Kyle!" flashback makes me miss the true Queen of Beverly Hills. 

The build-up between Kyle & Dorit seemed a little too "tits on an ant" (i.e. squeezing a story out of basically nothing) but here we are. It'll plant the seeds of discord and we'll watch it ride out. 

I was loving Denise's reaction when they were all talking about threesomes and kissing other women and Denise is worried all the kids at the other table are listening. Was it Erika then in her talking head making reference to Denise in Wild Things? Good one. 

I kind of like how Dorit will always find something bothersome about Teddi.  These chicks are such co-stars, not friends. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Considering Nene has been doing damage control and going into therapy because of the reunion, I'm assuming the Nene/Eva clip is a red herring. Nene needs to go. She brings such a sour taste to this show, and using Harvey Weinstein's apologist to threaten Bravo and her castmates? Goodbye, Vicki Leakes.

Porsha is such a fraud. She can't forgive Eva for that minor baby comment, but Kandi is supposed to forgive her for the rape and drug allegations? Porsha and Phaedra are just lucky it was Kandi because Kenya would have had them arrested. Rumours are that Cynthia and Eva are going. I hope Cynthia stays. I know some people think she's boring, but I think you need Switzerland (with occasional Germanic tendencies) to make a cohesive group. Eva and Nene can go. If I had my way, Porsha would be going too, but I know that's not happening.

• Members

I've always been apprehensive of "liking" Porsha for the very reasons mentioned regarding the Kandi rape fake allegations. Even before that, I thought she was too much of a dumb THOT post-Kordell. And her first season with Kordell also made her look dumb and foolish. Underground railroad anyone?  However, I finally warmed up to her in the past couple years,  due to her wanting to start a family and be happily pregnant, not to mention her side digs and jokes have improved drastically. 

Nene is Nene. I'll always love Seasons 1-4 Nene.  At one point, she seemed to outgrow the show, and now the show seems to have outgrown her.  Her rising star has fallen and now she comes off as the bitter old hag diva who's mad at anyone stealing her spotlight. 

• Members

Vyle is a bitch and always has been. It's so gratifying to see that exposed in the cold, hard light of day.

Her insulting Denise at the table ("ragamuffin") really showed what a petty, mean, sh*tty person she is.

The editors can't stop with the LVP flashbacks. She looms large over this show.