Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

This. Its supposed to be The REAL Housewives of Atlanta. Not the Wannabe Hollywood Actresses of Atlanta. if everything we saw of Kenya last year was completely and totally made up then that just makes even worse cuz it means the real her isn't even that interesting to begin with. I mean think about it. The best she could do was start ish with Phaedra of all people. Was that then too made up and just acting on her part or was she truly mad at Phaedra?

Its just too annoying and frankly a waste of my time trying to figure her out. She had some great lines and was good for comedic relief but like others have said you can't blame the rest of the wives if they don't take her seriously at all. Especially if she's just pretending and acting. For all Sheree's ridiculousness and frontin you at least knew that Sheree actually believed all the nonsense she was spouting and that that was her true personality. With Kenya I felt like I was just watching a trainwreck just waiting to occur and explode on everyone...

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not referring to the housewife part....I'm talking about the realness part. I'm long past caring if they're truly married or not. While it would be a plus if these girls were actually married its not my main concern. I just want to see real people on my screen who are having real conversations/interactions. If they're entertaining I'll continue to watch. But if they're over the top and furthermore i know that they're just acting then it ceases to be fun...at least for me. Does that make a little bit more sense?

• Members
I get that but its just a title; not meant to be taken literally. Kenya doesn't keep it real 100%, but so what? She's entertaining and the only talking point from this past season. Besides she isn't the only one as Phakedra is phony as hell and Ive grown tired of her schtick. Without Kenya, there really wouldn't have been much of a show. Nene was MIA for most of the season and Kim made an early exit. Phaedra and Porsha would have had no storyline. I really don't think Cynthia's modeling agency and Kandi moving in with Todd could have carried the season

LMAO, true dat Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Makes sense to me. What annoys me is when the drama is so obviously manufactured that it can't even be hidden. Like Jersey's S4 finale with that dumb secret that "something was going to go down" at the Posche fashion show and the big "Melissa was a stripper" reveal. Who even CARES if she was, firstly, and secondly, the dude who made the reveal, complete with a Bravo microphone hooked up to him, was SO staged.

Jersey just shows to me that you have to make cast changes in order to create new story that looks as least semi-organic and real; New cast members meet, some hit it off while some clash. The same people year after year gets old, their stories have been played out, so the plot twists look sillier than Melrose Place circa season 6.

The idea to shelf a couple cities and introduce new cities/series might be a good idea. For now, people still love the Housewives brand.

Of the main long-running franchises, I expect Bravo to give up on NYC first because it hasn't been a buzz worthy show since season 3. Perhaps they'd bring on a whole new cast after some time off and promote it as a completely new show. Manhattan Mommies? :)

• Members

Nope. I wish they would. IMO, I think it's time that Bravo would do an international franchise . . . The Real Housewives of London. Now that city has some REAL women married to/from old money.

Oh I agree that none of these shows are going anywhere till a ratings nosedive but again I see NYC & OC getting the boot first if Bravo was to drop another franchise. I would only add New Jersey to this if they DON'T lighten up this season. People all over the net have expressed that they aren't down to see another dark season of New Jersey. I think the women realize that too, hence why they are all making up with each other because if not, Bravo will keep Teresa & Caroline and give the other three the boot. Teresa probably doesn't care but the other four I'm sure want to keep their spot and the only way to do so is to keep Terrorsa happy.

• Members

they are probably hesitant to go international bc of the distance. They cant make regular appearances on WWHL or do as much promoting on American tv via the talk shows which the other ladies do. Andy would probably have less executive control and contact, etc... Besides I still think theres several cities in the US that need to be done and Dallas is at the top of that list.

• Members

IMO, I don't want them touch Dallas seeing as the Big Rich franchise did Dallas (tongue.png @ did Dallas a la Debbie Does Dallas). I want them to do Seattle or Detroit.

And I think that they could go an international one like London. Most of them women (if they pick really wealthy women that are known for jet-setting) are probably use to traveling (or even have a home in U.S.) on a regular basis.

In Beverly Hills Housewives news, is the newest housewife getting flack from the other women? Jealous much?

http://www.realitytea.com/2013/06/09/are-the-ladies-of-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-jealous-of-newbie-joyce-giraud/

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

Very true Cheap, but hell just come to the states for a week or so or Andy can travel abroad and just do WWHL a for a week abroad. I'd kill to do either if you give me notice in advance when to be there because I know its a lengthy flight from the states to someplace like London.