Y&R: First look at recast Heather Stevens

• Members

I think most of this reaction is over dramatic. The transition to Eden will be smooth. Vail never had a presence in GC. Heather had little connection to any of the established characters even her own father. I never thought that she looked like she could be Paul's daughter anyway. Eden will be able to quickly reinvent the character. Most recasts evoke outrage, but quite of few of them end up being very successful.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show is SO schizo!! :blink: Not even the costume department pays attention anymore! Everyone looks like [!@#$%^&*]! How can you dress Eden Riegel this way? I mean, the concept is OK, nothing impressive, we could do away with the necklace or find another one :rolleyes:, but Lord, those boobs want to swallow me! They're just all over the place!

And the jacket!!! :wacko:

And +1 on your Riegel winning people over analysis.

• Members

But exactly HOW will they reinvent the character is the question! ER looks so plain and ordinary in that pic it's not even funny, and I think TPTB have something surprising up their sleeve with this recast anyway. If all they wanted was for Heather to become a homewrecker in the Chloe/Chance relationship OR have her fight with Chloe over Billy, they could've kept VB in the role and she would've been more believable too!

• Members

I have no idea what the plan is for Heather with Eden in the role other than the character will get more airtime obviously. Are there spoilers about Heather becoming a home wrecker or is this your speculation? Because if Heather become the third wheel in an established couple, I don't think that VB's looks is enough to sell that story. Yeah, she is hot, but I don't find it unbelievable that on a soap that a man would be attracted to an attractive woman with brains which is the role that Eden is likely to play.

In contrast, I don't buy that a man or woman could be attracted to that hag Mac.

• Members

I didn't think anything could top the epic fail that was nuMalcolm. As usual, God proved me wrong.

Meanwhile, I'm calling for Mo'Nique as nuDru, and Countess Vaughn as nuLily. Y&R gets an Oscar winner AND a "Parkers" reunion.

Archived