Y&R: First look at recast Heather Stevens

• Members

There are no women with brains on Y&R.

It's not so much that I believe Eden has to fail at Y&R as I believe that the show is so poorly written and produced that they have no idea how to bring in new characters. Even Billy Miller and Liz Hendrickson, who were praised up, down, and around for much of last year and who seem to be the main reason Eden was hired, have been put in one bad story and one bad pairing after another. It doesn't matter if the show likes you or hates you, they can't write.

I also think that the way she and Marcy Rylan were shoehorned into these strange roles suggests desperation on Y&R's part and that's never a great sign. It's also in the back of my head just what a poor job Hogan did at ATWT when they recast Dusty and Paul. Paul in particular was destroyed.

I don't have a problem with Eden, I liked her well enough on AMC. It's everything else with this I have a problem with.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They should have had Malcolm's return story be explained that the reason he stayed away for so long and never returned when it was reveald that Lily was his daughter was bc he is gay. He was busy getting his sex change operation and has been living a new life as Wendy Winters

yrmalcolmwendy.jpg

• Members

I think she is, but isn't ER younger than MR? I think what they should have done is reverse these roles. Eden could have been the recast Abby, who now is more like Victor. They played that game a few times with Victoria, so it's not like it's unprecedented. Of course, it would have worked much better if the character were off screen for 6 months or so. Marcy looks more like Paul's daughter and seems closer to the age group Heather should be in.

Archived