ATWT: First look at actress' return

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was crummy that they only gave her like 4 lines. We never saw her interact with any of the Hugheses, except Bob & Kim. She sat down on the couch with Nancy, but we never got to see any of their interaction. It would've been nice to see her mingle, socialize, etc.--instead of coming in, saying hi, sitting down, and then getting up to toast. I think, for such a momentous return, they could've handled it a lot better than they did. I mean...c'mon! She only had 4 lines!

• Members

Which is much better than, "Hey, I just got a call from Frannie in Haiti! She and Sabrina send their love!"

And even that is better than nothing at all, which is what I'd expected from Goutman and Passanante in the first damn place.

• Members

Honestly....it was about the same.

My thinking is: if you're going to invite JM (an actress of that caliber, who graduated from your show many years ago w/flying colors) back for a once-in-a-lifetime return, you should give her something to sink her teeth into. Yes, I would love to see old characters (Frannie, Andy, Ellen, etc.) return; But what good is it, if the long-lost character barely socializes with his/her family, his/her scene is about 1 minute long, and he/she has anywhere from 2 to 4 lines....???? Viewers want to see these characters INTERACT....not just show up for the purpose of showing up.

Archived