Y&R: More Bad Mis-Recasting, Marcy Rylan IN as NuAbby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Trust me, that's something I'll never forget. For that alone she should have no say in any casting decisions ever again. Marcy as a Heather recast would have made sense, but as Abby, I fear this is going to be Adam all over again. Abby and Victoria will hate each other and before we know it Abby is drugging Victoria to take her place at Newman and stealing her next baby.

• Members

Next year the role of Abby will be played by Marcy Walker.

Everytime I think about watching this show again they make another absurd inexplicable move that sends me running. And this notion that there are no stories for teenagers is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. There are a million stories for teenagers, Y&R just doesn't have creative enough writers to think of a single one.

Why didn't they bring this one on as Mac? Its like the writers are terrified to fire any of the children of their celeb friends so CF and YZ are guaranteed employment until this train wreck finally jumps the tracks and is cancelled.

• Administrator

I actually really like this move because 1) Marcy is great and she can act and easy on the eyes, 2) I won't have to see Hayley Erin act again.

I don't really care about SORASing and that it screws up everyone's timeline.

I approve of this recasting! :)

• Members

As I mentioned, I expect SORASING here and there, but to go from an actress that is 15 to one that's 30 overnight? :unsure:

And I'm sorry, Marcy Rylan looks every bit her 30 years of age, or at least very late 20's. She can't pass for early 20's.

Not to mention that they just brought Kyle back for a few episodes and he was TEN. Abby and Kyle's births were the center of a massive plotline on this show, one that etched forever their births occurring in the same time period.

And assuming they don't recast Noah, how the hell does Noah go from being OLDER than Abby, to younger than Abby overnight? They've already established Noah being a role-model-type for Abby. It makes no sense.

• Members

You know what's sad, for as much grief as we deservedly give Guza, at least he writes for an established set of teen characters on GH, and all the actors that are cast there can act and they're age appropriate for their roles.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kristina's abuse storyline with Keifer, but at least it's allowed them to explore many different relationships with the characters around her. You get to see her relationships with Alexis, Sam, and Molly, how ashamed she is to be Sonny's daughter but still longs for his acceptance, her relationships with Michael and Morgan, etc. For as mob-centric as GH is, and as much as everyone in that younger cast is tied to Sonny somehow, at least they exist and they're written for.

Compare that to how Y&R has written or not written for Abby and Noah. The actress that plays Kristina on GH is like 17. You honestly can tell me that the casting people at Y&R and MAB, can't find one decent actress in her late teens or early 20's to play Abby? You honestly can tell me that they can't find anything to give to teens or characters in their early 20's? This is just very lazy.

I'm not big on teen storylines, but this writing team at Y&R is whitewashing this show of any trace of them. They should always exist for some generational balance. Now Y&R is completely void of a teen set. Who knows what they'll do with Noah when he comes back and if he'll still be a teen. Can we buy Nick and Sharon as parents of a 25 year old? :rolleyes:

Archived