Y&R: More Bad Mis-Recasting, Marcy Rylan IN as NuAbby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I should clarify that:

If Nikki, Jill, and Katherine are given a "retirement party" next week and officially banished, it will be a true ABC soap.

Two out of the three are on the way there anyway...

• Members

Jill: I already did that to Barbara Berjer.

Maria: That's politically relevant, we can do it again!!

Jill: Huh?

Maria: Barbara Berjer wrote that book about her dog, Millie! I loved that book.

Jill: You killed a dog.

Maria: No, no, that was Sony.

Jill: Sure.

Maria: It was. Me, art, Katherine, art, Lily cancer. Good. Anything else, bad. Sony.

Jill: People stop buying that. Start saying it was a focus group.

Maria: You're smart!

Jill: I heard you're looking for a new Noah. How about Robert Kelker Kelly.

Maria: Works for me. I loved him on Macgyver. Three names are so stylish.

Jill: OK. And for the new Kyle...how about Kale Browne?

Maria: Kyle...Kale...cool! I heard he's going to stop being the Prime Minister of the UK soon. Back to politics again. This is very stimulating.

Jill: I think we're going to be good friends, Maria...

• Members

I like Marcy Rylan, but Y&R's casting director needs to be fired. I imagine Marcy can play 25 or so, but that still won't make sense if Noah and Eden come back this summer. Not to mention this means Abby is way to close to Nick and Victoria in age. I wish they had cast the girl who played the first teen Colby Chandler on AMC. She would have fit the role much better.

• Members

This seems to have been an end run around the casting director. This all seems like MAB or Bloom making the decision outright. Although if their casting director is responsible for some of the horrible people put on the show over the past few years, no wonder. Never can I remember Y&R having so many bad recasts and bad new characters all at once.

• Members

Since Marcy Rylan and John Driscoll's characters were a couple on Guiding Light will they be paired up on The Young and the Restless? Or will they continue with the Ryder/Abby story? Maybe the writers will discover that she and Billy aren't related. She may even follow in her sisters shoes and do JT. Abby could also get some jungle fever with Devon.

Archived