Y&R: More Bad Mis-Recasting, Marcy Rylan IN as NuAbby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the actor who plays Ryder, too, catsmeouch. But the fact is, he is mired in the show's worst SL (and that's saying something). In addition, he has nothing to do with the fact that Y&R are recasting people who do not need to be recasted while blatantly ignoring the fundamental problems (and crappy untouchable actors like Heinle and Khalil) killing the show.

Just because you've been #1 for 30 years does not guarantee you will be #1 for another 30.

• Members

They've gotten so complacent and lazy because they don't think they HAVE to work hard to keep #1. The writing is on the wall for Y&R/B&B, especially if they don't add a new soap or ship DAYS to the lineup. And Bloom probably has it out for those shows as well because she couldn't implement or work her agenda onto them the way she wanted. She is clearly more interested in low-cost programming.

What is going to happen in September will be interesting. I wonder if more affiliates will follow the Atlanta model by airing Y&R at 3PM, moving it up an hour early or later and maybe even getting rid of B&B, especially since there is no real incentive for keeping it, when more money can be made in an hourlong newscast.

The sad thing is that, at this point, Bloom's interference might actually HELP Y&R. Can't be any worse than Maria flying blind.

• Members

Yeah, I think with a two soap lineup, CBS won't be invested in it for much longer.

In this case, I would be thankful. The sooner this show gets put out of its misery, the better at this point.

The only exception would be if we were to get a better regime change, but since that's unlikely to happen...

Archived