OLTL: Discussion for the week March 1

• Members

I think OLTL has been top notch in the production department for a long time now. There's a few slip ups, but the sets, lighting have plenty of depth to them compared other soaps with their budget (ahem DAYS and ATWT).

I don't find it that hard to believe Marty would be pregnant at her age, such a thing happens almost everyday, but what I despise is that she's preggers with John's child.

The Viki and Charlie scenes today were a nice well written surprise.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her return is really lackluster. Bad idea having Kevin propose to Kelly in the same church she screwed his son in.I'm not feeling it with Kelly. She feels sort of there.

They are losing me with Natalie.She was at her best with Jared, not eavesdropping in hallways. I'm back to hating on both twins. Natalie was best with Jared. I'll never understand why anyone would want her back with eternally boring John Mcbain.

Good Charlie and Viki scenes today. Viki was superb.

• Members

The worst part was having Kevin grovel to her and say he knew he was at fault. Having Kevin degrade himself for her doesn't exactly improve her character. And all this when his family is going through hell again, and yet his brief scenes with them feel strange and forced. That brief, somewhat tense scene with Clint reminded me of how much I miss the scenes with Clint Ritchie and Kevin and Joey, some of the most underrated child/parent scenes on soaps.

• Members

Truthfully? As much as make the argument about how important familial relationships are on soaps the truth is that these characters only derive value based on their sex life. That's why it was important to degrade Kevin Buchanan.

Plus 1

• Members

The only bad part about today's show was the close-up of Kelly clutching Todd's handkerchief. Does she REALLY need to get involved with that creepo? If they want to re-ignite the Kelly/Blair feud, can't we do it in a better way? Imagine if Starr hit Kelly with her car. That's a better use of history.

Archived