Should GH Have Incorporated Shell Kepler's Death into Storyline?

• Members

I would have liked to have seen something I mean they have the TMK killing off Georgy it could have been Amy...Leticia a baby sitter was murdered, They could have done it. I had hoped they would have acknowledge it in some way I'm not sure if they did I don't watch every eppy of GH. There are many viewers I suppose like myself who knew of her.

2212542760101759456S500x500Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First let me introduce myself....I was Shell's boyfriend here in Portland. I still have the last shirt she wore (it was mine), I still sleep in OUR bed or on OUR couch. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined being with someone as kind, generous and loving as Shell.

I think it was the was the 3rd or 4th Monday in February 2008 they did a 15 second tribute to Shell at the end of the show....I am sorry I do not watch the show...in fact I do not watch much television. It was almost a fluke how we met...we both happened to walk up to the bar to order drinks at the same time at a huge club here in Portland. Six weeks later we bumped into each other again and she asked me out on our first date.

Shell's health was not good...she moved to Portland so her brother could take care of her. As it turned out, I did most of the care taking, but her brother helped out a lot.

At her funeral in LA, I met many of the GH cast members. They all seemed like extremely caring people. I do not know about the characters that they played, because I do not watch the show. Watching the hundreds of videos that many have sent is amazing. (Wow...Amy...no wonder you were single) That laugh... it was real....that surprised look...it was real...the person Shell was real and I miss her and you miss her too.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join. Thanks for your kind words.

Andrew

• Members

Even when Amy's storyline amount to chasing Dave Koz around the hospital or dressing Lucy Coe, Shell Kepler stole her scenes. She was a very underrated actress, I'm glad to know so many loved her and that she had you there to care for her.

• Members

Wow Andrew, that brought tears to my eyes. Such a touching story.

Shell always seemed like such a sweet woman. Even when they really underused Amy in her later years, she completely was a scene stealer as Carl said. She was a phenomenal actress. I can't remember if she ever won an Emmy or not, but she certainly deserved one.

I am glad that GH cast members came to her funeral. I'm sure many of them who had worked with her were just heartbroken. She was such a staple to the show, and I honestly wish they had written her death into a storyline, because it could have been such an emotional time.

I am not recalling the tribute you speak of, but it deffinitely comforting to know, because it always bugged me when I thought they just ignored her death.

The laugh is classic.

• Members

They should have at least had a memorial service (amy dying too)

On a personal note. The hospital that Shell died at was terrible. The week before Shell died, one of my closest online friends died at the same hospital because the medical staff did not treat her right. Caused all her organs to shut down. So, Shell was probably ignored too. Even though she was a celebrity. I've heard that hospital is terrible. It's so sad. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have had to re-live her last few days in that hospital many times. Just a simple phrase sometimes kicks it in.

She actually preferred Good Samaritan Hospital about 8 miles north of there. Her brother decided to take her OHSU (he had living power of attorney, and she was unconcious at the time). It was the closest Trama1 hospital from where we lived. There are tons of "what-if's" that constantly go thru my head. What if I had stayed that night before she passed away? - instead of going home to feed the cat and do laundry. What if I had called my boss and taken that entire week off?

Last night I came home to find out another friend of ours (Lisa) had passed away. Lisa's passing of course made me sad, and I will miss her her silly tricks she could do with a cane.

Then I had to go to bed again and sleep on the couch that Shell and I slept on together. Yes we had other beds, but she liked to sleep on that couch wrapped up in my arms...she snored the loudest on that couch too. I still say "Shell, I love you" everynight as I pull quilt over me just like I did every night when she was here.

As for Amy's death. Hmmm, it could be fun to leave it in limbo. It is my understanding that Amy was played by someone else for a short while before Shell got the role. I am biased here; I highly doubt anyone could put as much life into that character as Shell did. However, I think if the show was to have tryouts in several cities for a character like Amy. It could be a huge publicity stunt for the show. It could give the show some more humor. I really think that we could all use a really good laugh right now.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Archived