Even More GH Casting News

• Members

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/soaps/general-hospital-gets-a-new-quartermaine-4060.html

General Hospital Gets a New Quartermaine

by Michael Logan February 11, 2010 02:11 PM EST

General Hospital has a new intern and she’s also a new Quartermaine! Annie Ilonzeh has been cast as Maya Ward, the great granddaughter of cantankerous jillionaire Edward Quartermaine (John Ingle), and will hit the air March 31. Ilonzeh’s credits include Melrose Place, How I Met Your Mother and the new movie Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.

The plot has Edward, who had an out-of-wedlock affair with Maya’s grandmother, agreeing to pay for the young gal’s medical schooling. He persuades her to come to Port Charles and take an internship at General Hospital and move into the Quartermaine mansion. Look for Maya’s younger half-sister Zooey (no relation to the Q’s) to also pop up further down the line. Word is, the beautiful Maya will be paired romantically with a Spencer.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the first bit of good GH news I've seen in some time. I'm thrilled that the Q's are getting a new member. I'm even going to be optimistic and try to believe that Maya will have a better fate than Lainey. That she'll last more than a year and actually get some story. I don't mind if she is just the spoiler for Liz/Lucky to start with as long as there is someone else interested in her ready to pick up the pieces. Steven perhaps?

• Members

Those poor girls are going to be stuck with Lucky and Michael? ABC does not do interracial relationships, and Lucky and Michael don't give off any type of romantic vibes. Michael is more in love with Sonny. I will be surprised if either of these relationships last past two or three months.

• Members

I agree about Michael so far, but we really haven't seen him in a romance yet either. Maybe he'll show us something when it happens. I disagree about Lucky though. He doesn't bring the sexy, but I think he does bring the romance/love aspect of a relationship.

• Members

I just have these awful visions of this woman, after some initial "cute" conflict, loving Lucky, as everyone tells her how fortunate she is to be with him, and he weeps in her general direction while not having flashbacks of Liz and pining over Liz.

• Members

That's nearly inevitable, much to my unhappiness. I pray I'm wrong, but all roads seem to lead to LL2. Even today, I thought it was all too obvious that Lucky still loves Liz. I think the best we can hope for is that Maya has an unnoticed white knight waiting in the wings for his opportunity. GH makes it hard not to be cynical, so if Maya doesn't leave Port Charles with her tail between her legs after Lucky dumps her, I'll consider it a victory.

• Members

Well I'm glad that GH is starting to embrace diversity in it's cast.

Pairing her with a Spencer just screams that they are going to pair her with Ethan to me...I'll wait until I see them to judge, but..

I wonder who they will cast as her younger sister, Zoe. I heard they would pair her with Michael..

Archived