General Hospital and the Ward Family's Return

• Members

I'm looking forward to the Ward's being re-introduced to the Daytime Family. Apparently, Edward received a letter regarding Justus' offspring? There are rumors that Maya will be paired with Lucky or Johnny and Zoe with Michael. General Hospital really should stop trying to reinvent the wheel and go back to what works, multi-layer character driven storylines with history. I'm curious to know what the board thinks about the Wards coming back to Port Charles.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they said this new character is Justus' kid? I was wondering where these new people came out of. I dont see anythign to get excited about bc GH of today does NOT do black people. They'll mildly entetain the thought of tossing them around for a month or so before their appearances drop to 6 or less episodes a month, mainly propping up their caucasion friends. That is until they are killed off

• Members

Really hoping that this works out. I think the Quartermaines need more airtime and zest.

By the way...I dont think Zoe and Michael could get together. They would be related wouldn't they? I mean the Ward's are related to the Quartermaines, and biologically Michael IS a Quartermaine.

So I hope they dont get together, because That would result in little babies with 12 toes, and whatnot.

• Members

Zoe is Maya's young half-sister that she has custody of after her step mother died.

Here is the dialouge from the episode where they mentioned Maya:

Edward: I want you to know that I'm holding in my hand a letter from my great-granddaughter Maya Ward, and to my surprise, she says that this is the second one that she wrote. I guess the first one got lost between the mailbox and the foyer.

Tracy: Imagine that.

Monica: Well, how is Maya? We haven't heard from a Ward in ages.

Edward: She's in her last year of med school and is looking for a place to do her internship, and unfortunately, her stepmother was killed in a traffic accident, so Maya has become the legal guardian of her younger half-sister.

Tracy: Mm. I'm sure this is interesting to somebody.

Edward: Tracy, you stole my mail.

Tracy: Did not!

Edward: Of course you did. You know better. But it doesn't matter. Consider your scheming foiled. There's no way that I'm not going to support my great-granddaughter. So, Maya and Zoë will be moving in here.

Monica: Hold it. Flag on the play.

• Members

I appreciate all the responses to my question. I don't know where Keisha is last time I heard, she was in Philly taking care of an ill relative. I read on another board they hope one of the girls would be Jason's but the time line is off; but it's a Soap, anything is possible. On that same board, everyone pretty much dismissed the Zoe/Michael pairing because it would be incest. Thanks again. ;) I looking forward to the Quartermine's getting a front burner storyline.

• Members

I'd rather one be Justin and Keesha's child over Justus since Justus is dead. But would they give Jason a black child (on GH?!?!) and one who is in med school? That's a bit old for him. I would love to see Keesha return and I forget his name, but the character Matthew Ashford played. What age range is Keesha? I know the actress who played Amy Lewis on Y&R throughout the 80s played her so I'm guessing she'd be in her mid-40s or late by now. Is that right? Broken record I know, but go for Victoria Rowell. I know Amy Lewis was older than Rowell's Drucilla so surely Rowell would be believable in the role. And she'd rock with Nancy Lee Grahn and Maurice Benard.

ETA:

I got my GH history all twisted and screwed! Stephanie Williams (Amy Lewis, Y&R) played Simone Hardy, not Keesha Ward! My bad! That's the role I was thinking of for Rowell. And I'd bring back Matthew Ashford.

Archived