AMC: JHC on new writing team

• Members

AMC: Writer Announcement Expected Soon

AMC EP Julie Hanan Carruthers told reporters at ABC’s Winter 2010 TCA Press Tour on January 12 to expect an announcement regarding the show's new head writer shortly. "Right now we have a fabulous transition team filled with writers that know the foundation and history of the show," she said. "And within a few weeks, I think we’ll be ready to announce the head writing team."

Link here

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This reminds me of when JFP announced that GL had a new HW-ing team consisting of Craig Carlson, Tom King, Peggy Sloane and one other person (blanking on who at the moment - Millee Taggart?); and boy did she pimp those four!

• Members

You mean Another World right? I think the other person was Elizabeth Page.

Nothing surprising about this but Jamey Giddens was saying in the latest DC podcast that ABC is only looking at the usual suspects. Nobody fresh or exciting.

Some educated guesses of my own:

1. Lorraine Broderick.

2. Karen Harris. Carruthers loves her. She has headwriting experience. She has AMC experience (she was a script writer for about a year under McTavish). I think she once said that GH and AMC were her favorite soaps. She just fits with the whole Carruthers/Riche/Curtis reunion that is supposedly going on.

3. Addie Walsh and/or Jeff Beldner. If they chose to promote from within then these two are the only ones qualified to do it. Although that might not stop Frons from selecting the unqualified...

4.... Tracey Thomson. *puke*...who Frons was once quoted as saying was one of the greatest talents among the Abc soap writers and that he saw real potential for her going forward.

5. Kay Alden. It didn't work out in 2007, but it also didn't work out when Frons approached her in 2002 (when he was replacing Culliton) and that didn't keep him from trying with her again.

6. Jill Lorie Hurst. Jamey Giddens also raised her as a possibility. She's young(ish), sort of fresh, demonstrated some real potential during her brief GL stint. She would also be relatively cheap I would imagine.

• Members

How ever the network chooses to become the new headwriter or headwriters. Let hope that they last more than a year and we can get storylines that are worth watching without destroying a character. Lorraine Broderick and Karen Harris would make a great team as they both know how to write from the heart of the shows they are on.

Archived