OLTL: Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know full well I'm not making this a black vs. gay issue.

I've never once said Shenell COULDN'T be recast.

What I did say was that if TPTB were going do it they would have done it nor do I share your optimism that if they did that she would be of similar type.

• Members

Are you suggesting that because Jessica Morris stuck around for five years, we should also keep Shenell around in a show of fairness?

I think two wrongs do not make a right. No one raised hell when Javier Morga went poof as Tico, either. Or Tobias Truvillion as Vincent. And why? Because they were bad.

• Members

WHO? I can't think of anyone, and there are some bad actors on the show, who is as utterly incompetent at delivering one line of dialogue on the show. The Stacey sotry for instance woulda suckednomatter who was in it, and I don't think the actress is doing a great joba nd she has made the story even harder to swallow--but I think she's miles more competent than Shenell. You don't have to agree0--it's an opinion but I think to suggest that they keep untalented actrors on the show simp0ly cuz they have for white actors so should treat other races the same when really the showshouldn't keep someone so bad on this long*period* regardless of race. I'm really not being clear I realize,but it seems almost like a step backwards to suggest that they shouldplay fair and keep on the bad black actors as much as thebad whiteones--they shouldn't keep any. Shenell had some charisma atfirst and I think TPTB like many of us viewers felt shehadpotential to grow into the acting and with the material. She nowobviously doesn't and hasn't, so good bye.

• Members

Jason Tam is Hawaiian, I believe. And the show obviously has taken a shine to him, because anyone else that tertiary to the canvas would've been gone by now. He's a really talented kid and I love him. I think this Ford thing is lame, but with the show being in the precarious state it is I also don't think they're going to dump Markko. They've had so many chances to do that and have never pulled the trigger, and instead beefed up his role again and again.

It's also notable that both Langston and Markko are written to be Latino. The minority character is not being singled out.

Archived