OLTL: Discussion for the week December 28

• Members

Stacy no.

Gigi & Cole yes.

Natalie & Lindsay might not have gained acceptance with the general audience for years but that never resulted in a divestment in the characters, airtime or recasts.

To you.

To me it's enough.

And even if Destiny were played by a "more talented" actress the end result would still be the same IMO.

Which is exactly why minorities have to create their own vehicles because fair & equal is not a luxury afforded to them.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But fans hated Jessica Morris despite some meager improvement. They prayed for her exit for years and I was finally rewarded with Jen's violent death, and yes I considered it a reward. We wanted Jen gone. Why should we get another bad actor just because OLTL saw fit to also subject us to Jen?

People want both Randi and Marissa out at AMC. Why can't we do both? What does any of that have to do with Destiny?

• Members

SOME fans hated Morris myself included.

But that didn't stop her from having a significant amount of fan support, airtime & romantic relationships.

Brittany Allen is in a similar position on AMC now.

Where is the outrage about the double standard afforded them & similar actresses?

THIS MEANS YOU MARNIE SCHULENBERG!

Until their white peers are I won't feel the same.

Both COULD be done but you know as well I do that the reality is they WON'T.

• Members

Jen never had a significant amount of fan support. It was bush league at best and only in her last year.

Where are these Marissa fans?

And it pains me to say it but even Crystal Hunt is better than SE. Doesn't mean I don't want Stacy dead. However, I'm not sure Shenell is the worst actress on the show. I can't think of anyone else offhand, though.

Archived