WGA Nomination: Daytime Serials

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to know who the TPTB at Y&R and AMC paid to get these nominations.

Especially Y&R, as it's headed by two Fi-Core Head Writers, and one of them who left writing behind and came back during the strike and stayed there....

But Maria and Sheffer are left off due to their Fi-Core status, so that's good, I guess.

I hope Y&R doesn't win. That show's crappy, bizarre, and inconsistent day to day writing and craptacular overall storytelling does not deserve to be validated, nor do the arrogant people on that writing team.

I'm pulling for OLTL or ATWT, especially OLTL.....

• Members

This award lost its lustre about two decades ago. 4 nominees out of 7? Really? :rolleyes: Calculate for yourselves the probability of being nominated (too big) and it all goes to pots.

Besides, the judging procedure, the things it "values"... Forget it.

But if Maria wins — count on her staying. That is, prolonging her stay. Except if the ratings don't plummet quickly and precipitously.

• Members

I'm proud of Melissa too, I loved her scripts on Y&R, ATWT, and GL previously, and her scripts on OLTL are often the best on that show. I've always said you know someone is a great Script Writer when they write consistently good scripts for all the shows they've been apart of. I don't think she's ever been given enough credit for her work as a SW, well, not as much as some others.

Archived