ALL: "We're Gonna Turn This Show Back Around!"

• Members

I'm not sure he said he never got Jack and Carly---but there was some kind of quote about him trying to sink them like the Titanic, and the Carjack fans keeping coming back or something.a

Ironic that his men were "ball-less", and his epitome of manliness were Craig, Dusty and RH's Paul. UGH.

Oh, and one of Pissanante's first interviews she took credit for Bryant's death and how that was about "humanizing" Craig. To this day Craig is the same self-absorbed, amoral douchebag he was the day Hunt Block's Craig ignored Carly's pleas for help in Hong Kong and asked "what's in it for me?"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I instantly thought of both Ken Corday and Brad Bell when I saw this topic:

"What Ken and I both agree on is that Jim is the right guy to be the creative leader overseeing the next wave of stories for Days. We saw in Jim someone who had a proven track record, and we wanted to bring him back."--Former NBC Daytime President Sheraton Kalouria on JER's 2003 return.

"I won't deny we were looking for a shocking, ambiguous moment...but I am not comfortable labeling it rape. In my mind, it is not rape." --Kay Alden on Paul's rape of Christine. Since then we've seen lots of so call ambiguous rape.

"We've tried to keep the family groups intact, so our audience over the years can continue to identify with these core characters. We do it for the grandmothers, mothers and fathers and children who grew up with the show, and to attract new generations of audience."--Paul Rauch on GL's 65th anniversary. What a BS statement for him to make.

• Members

Yes, it was. Apparently Bo and his balls were safe on the backburner for Sheffer's whole run.

I remember a lot of the same "I don't know anything about this show" type of stuff that he also peddled at ATWT. I guess he may have expected to get the same savior reaction he got at ATWT.

Oh, and he said he wanted to make Lucas and Sami funny again.

Lucas: RAGERAGERAGERAGE

Sami: CRYCRYCRYCRY

My sides are splitting.

I was wrong about the quote with dating his niece. He said it hypothetically, that he'd never let his brother date his daughter just because she was adopted. Sorry about that. I have too many interview comments rattling in my head. :wacko:

• Members

Here's a quote from MAB back in the summer that had me rolling my eyes. Now when I think about it I just laugh.

"One of our 'young' storylines this summer involves Daniel in a story of intrigue, jeopardy, and romance, and how it will affect him, Amber, Kevin and Jana. To me Daniel is a compelling character and exciting to watch. And it's because of that that I think [the storyline will] be a must-watch amoung viewers- young and old alike." -from SOD

Guza's quotes about how his current sweeps storyline was going to be like nothing seen on daytime are also worth mentioning.

• Members

“These are not youngsters struggling to make mortgage payments or feed their children,” Ms. McTavish said. “Their sole intent now seems to be piling up more money for themselves.”

It's not about AMC directly, as much as it is about B&E going FiCore during the strike to write it... but it still goes down in my book as a major STFU!

Archived