OLTL: Best of the Decade

• Members

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/galleries/best-of-decade-one-life-to-live?page=15

Some of these were great reminders of things or characters I liked but had completely blocked out or forgotten about (I did a lot of blocking out during the Dena Higley Hell days) but really--TIna as best return?? HAH loved them calling Rae the worse therapist

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tina wouldn't have been my choice for best return but really, did OLTL honestly have any really great returns this decade (I'm not including recasts like Rachel, Todd, Kelly, etc)? The only ones I can really even remember besides her are Gabrielle (or did she return in the late 90s?), Carlo, Mitch, Marty, Tea, and Alex- out of those I would have gone with Mitch but I don't really think any of them were all that great; Tina's return was ridiculous, Tea and Marty were both good at the beginning but not so much now, a little Alex Olanov goes a loooooong way, I don't even know what that mess with Carlo was, and Gabrielle was alright til they killed her off in the most ridiculous way- just based off of that I'd have to go with Mitch or maybe Tea.

• Members

I second that.

No matter how bungled the story was, it was just great to have Tina back in Llanview again.

Seeing as Mitch Laurence is around - and that Tina was the one who brought him to Llanview in the first place - I think now would be a great time to write Tina back in... and give Andrea Evans the kind of story she's worthy of.

• Members

There is just no one who can be better than Andrea Evans on OLTL. When the stories were big, Tina was bigger. When stars like Dorian and Asa shined at their brightest, Tina shined just as bright. No one can upstage her, no matter how talented the co-star is Andrea Evans stays right with them and dominates the scene anyway, she is just one a kind. Asa was too. People used to say Phil Carey read cue cards and sucked and what have you, but nobody could outshine him no matter how many emmys they had. And the people who have all the emmys are all pretty forgettable in comparison.

Archived