Questions for Claire Labine

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Argh, I can't believe she could have written for ATWT, and at a very weak time for the show (1996-1997). She would have been perfect for ATWT. I can't blame her for going with her pilot instead, but the missed opportunities hurt my heart.

• Members

Claire finished up the questions. The last page is about GL, and a few about Love of Life.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/12/claire-labine-answers-your-questions_28.html

I wish she hadn't been quite so polite, but it was very nice of her to take the time to answer this stuff, especially since she has not written for some of these shows in 35 years.

• Members

I wrote Claire in high school for advice, and I was absolutely stunned when she wrote me back this lovely letter. First and foremost, she told me to live and breathe the Greek playwrights because their way of storytelling was so instrumental to the soaps. She also told me to "fall in love and fall out of love." I'll absolutely appreciate her forever for her words of encouragement.

I like this interview so much than the last one that was posted here. It feels less tentative and cagey. And it seems like she could have done great things at GL had she gotten the shot. (And Holly/Olivia makes so much sense, for several reasons. I love nothing more than a late-in-life lesbian. :D )

Archived