Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkH

Questions for Claire Labine

WLS is soliciting questions for Claire Labine. The url is here.

Following my interview series with Claire Labine, many inquiring minds still had many questions. Fortunately, Ms. Labine has generously agreed to answer your follow up questions here at We Love Soaps!

Just leave a question for Ms. Labine in the Comments section below BEFORE Friday, December 11th, at 2 p.m. ET. I will ask her as many as our time permits. (If you already asked a question in the comments during the interview, then don't worry, I have it, it will be asked).

Argh, I can't believe she could have written for ATWT, and at a very weak time for the show (1996-1997). She would have been perfect for ATWT. I can't blame her for going with her pilot instead, but the missed opportunities hurt my heart.

Argh, I can't believe she could have written for ATWT, and at a very weak time for the show (1996-1997). She would have been perfect for ATWT. I can't blame her for going with her pilot instead, but the missed opportunities hurt my heart.

More Labine tomorrow, and the next segment will deal with RH.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/12/claire-labine-answers-your-questions_21.html

I agree with most of what she says, especially about New York soaps.

I wish she were a little less hesitant about naming names, but I guess I can understand her reluctance.

Glad to "see" another aficionado of the ancient Greek playwrights. (And she's right about Eugene O'Neill, too, lol.) :-)

That was, for me, a completely :rolleyes: moment.

I wish she were a little less hesitant about naming names, but I guess I can understand her reluctance.

Say what you will about CL (as a writer), but she has a helluva lot more personal integrity than some of us on the 'net, myself included.

Damn. We could've had her for ATWT?! Damn. Just...damn.

Claire finished up the questions. The last page is about GL, and a few about Love of Life.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/12/claire-labine-answers-your-questions_28.html

I wish she hadn't been quite so polite, but it was very nice of her to take the time to answer this stuff, especially since she has not written for some of these shows in 35 years.

Glad to "see" another aficionado of the ancient Greek playwrights. (And she's right about Eugene O'Neill, too, lol.) :-)

I wrote Claire in high school for advice, and I was absolutely stunned when she wrote me back this lovely letter. First and foremost, she told me to live and breathe the Greek playwrights because their way of storytelling was so instrumental to the soaps. She also told me to "fall in love and fall out of love." I'll absolutely appreciate her forever for her words of encouragement.

I like this interview so much than the last one that was posted here. It feels less tentative and cagey. And it seems like she could have done great things at GL had she gotten the shot. (And Holly/Olivia makes so much sense, for several reasons. I love nothing more than a late-in-life lesbian. :D )