AMC: Monday 12.7.09

• Members

And you can't tell me that a new story to kick off the "new era" in L.A., The Search For Dixie, would not get people back. Run promos of Tad, Jesse, Angie, Frankie, some new love interest for him, maybe Adam and Annie teaming up to look for Dixie and people would watch. At least I think so.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That sounds fantastic to me. I know quite a few old AMC fans who i bet would at least be interested enough to tune in for it.

I also think it would be a great story for AMC to use to take advantage of shooting outside in California. Since the show is set in PV they can have some fly out to LA on a tip that Dixie is there.

And those character... Tad, jesse, Angie, Dixie, Adam, Annie, Frankie are people the show should be promoting.

Whats the overall reaction to nuColby, is there on yet?

• Members

Such a stupid empty threat! As if Barbara Walters would do an expose on a hotel for sticking to it's confidentiality policy. :wacko:

ITA about Aidan. I ended up ffing through most of his scenes.

I did stop to watch Susan & Alicia and yes, they did rock their scenes even if the material made no sense.

As for Tad & Liza, I hope they get together since at this point there is no other woman in Pine Valley to suit him.

I agree. Getting rid of Tad would be a big mistake because he is one of the tentpole characters. I don't think he's irredeemable at this point. The writers just need to remember who he is and bring more of the humor out.

I also liked Dixie & David because to me that story was about Dixie needing more out of life than being a housewife and she really started coming out of her shell. Unfortunately, once the story ended, Dixie went back to the same old rut with Tad. Having said that, I'd be thrilled if Dixie came back alive as long as the character was allowed to grow and her relationship with Tad was the focus instead of pushing her off on someone else like the writer did with Zach last time.

• Members

I don't think she's had enough material really yet--I think she's ok. Certainly better than either earlier Colbys at this point and I'm pleased that she hasa egit theatre background (Chorus Line revival) though am not completely sold. But I'll give her some time to warm into the role--they do seem to be writing her now as a bit bitchier again (maybe another reason for the recast--besides the obvious one)

The prob with a big "Search for Dixie" story is it would hvae to really seem new to work--I feel like we've had big "Dixie returns!" stories a few times now that have all been broken promises--I dunno if this would convince anyone otherwise

• Members

I agree with everything... especially that! It's exactly how I feel about losing Stacy Haiduk (who I think would've been a great Liza recast). I loved her presence on the show, but since Hannah posed a threat to those insipid Zendall fans...:rolleyes:

I agree. Dixie's return came at probably the worst time. It was thick in the middle of the Unabortion Revelation and Madden in a Box. Nothing was enjoyable at ALL back then.

FORBIDDEN! :mad::mad:

Foolie Hambone Cowudders should be FORBIDDEN to take this show outside of the soundstage until the budget has millions of dollars in surplus. Felicia Minei Behr said one time back in the early 1990's that the minute you take the show one foot out of the studio, the costs triple. So, no! No, no, a resounding NO! I don't want to see All My Children takes Los Angeles, Encino, Bakersfield, wherever! The last thing we need to do is suggest more ways for a woman who is lousy with money to spend even MORE money when they're trying to SAVE money.

Hi, JP! :)

First, I think Tad's not irredeemable, but he's totally not credible. He tortured and killed a man, yet judges every last person in town for their sins that pale in comparison.

Second, as much as I want to blame the writer for everything -- and you know I do my best -- I tend to believe the rumors that Cady had kinda "suggested" they pair her with Zach if Dixie came back because she had wanted to work with Thorsten Kaye.

Plus, (I know, I know, no one's ever really dead on soaps), I think there should at least be some sense of finality for characters who die multiple times. I say if the actor comes back and plays the character as a ghost who interacts with many other people on the canvas, then that's it. The character is gone. I'll buy a twin sister, look alike cousin, or even a Sarah Brown/Claudia Zacharra situation if you want the actor back. But when ghosts save people from rooftop shootouts, lock their daughters in bathrooms until the mad man with a gun is gone, and sings lullabies to their son after mysteriously moving their pictures around the parlor... you're a done deal.

As much as Debbi Morgan's performance on the train tracks goes down in HISTORY as one of my absolute FAVORITE moments on this show... I, now, kinda wish the ghost rule applied to Jesse. I'm over Darnell and Jesse's ruined.

• Members

Jesse and Tad may be ruined but you just have to build them up again (or in Tad's case, fix him with Dixie and the family and then leave him in a support role). Fact is, Jesse, Angie, Tad and Dixie draw eyes. Fans did come back for Angie and Jesse, at least initially. And we need them here more than we don't. They are valuable tentpoles and a premiere black family on daytime.

As for Dixie the ghost, yeah, Jesse came back after changing history. So Dixie can do what she likes. I didn't think she needed to die either time, especially when they still had Maria in the ether the first time, waiting to come back as well. But it happened, it is what it is, Marlena's no stranger to this either over in Salem, or Jack Devereaux, so work with it, because I think the fact is fans will still come back to watch Dixie found. Maybe not enough, but some, and putting that family back together and regaining Cady McClain as a female lead in her own right, no longer an appendage to Tad, would be valuable to the show.

• Members

I heard that as well and I think they played that beat out somewhat recently when Jesse was covering for her to Frankie and Jesse, and the rest of the Hubbards got the wrong idea. So gross. But it was also IMO perpetuating a horrid stereotype to have him suddenly be a bigamist playing house when he was supposedly on the run for 20 years pining for Angie and Frankie everyday.

Archived