AMC: Pratt Is History...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep bringing Leslie back was all Passanate. HAH I hate to say it but all of this is making me look back on Pratt's work as not so bad in many ways... I do agree with Vee that the Rayfield stuff (partcularly when it was just him before C joined) was so souless and lacking in identity that it was perhaps even worse, Passanate's era was gleefully just bad. (of course the ghosts taking over Pine Valley thing happened after she ran away to ATWT and the show was left with no writer and with Jesse, etc, running around)

Yeah it was Rosa Gabriel was with--somethign Marcus didn't like

• Members

In later years I would get Carlos and Juan Pablo confused, as they were right after the other. I can't even remember either of their exits.

I guess Budig was angry, as they ditched any plans to put David/Greenlee together for the story with Carlos.

• Members

Bwahaha! I remember that! :lol:

It's funny how you can remember certain little random scenes..... but I guess that one was SO STUPID that it stuck in my memory.

Yeah, Bianca and Dog Boy were going to go for a picnic, I believe, and Erica comes in with a basket of food she said Coral prepared.

Gabriel opens it and goes ballistic because he thinks the treats resemble dog biscuits or some sh!t. Like he thought Bianca purposely made the food look like dog food to mock him. HA! :lol:

• Members

I'm going to do something people who make rather extreme claims like these tend to hate -- I'm going to ask for details to support your claims that that five and a half month stint was "soulless" and "lacking in identity."

And I mean beyond the typical "he added FIVE NEW PEOPLE" and "Carlos was a total drag!" While I didn't think it was top notch storytelling, I also didn't find it soooo distasteful. I found it tolerable which I don't think I would've been able to do if it was this "soulless" shell for those five months Rayfield and Cascio were writing. What I found soulless? Raping a lesbian woman and impregnating her. Three murder mysteries in three years -- one of which including torture. A slut with a heart of gold stealing her "best friend's" baby and leading her to believe that newborn died drowning after being swept away in a river after a helicopter crash. Things I believe trump Greenlee falling in love with a janitor in the "soulless" department.

• Members

Carlos was killed off. I believe this was when he and Juan Pablo were poised to become AMC's answer to Sonny Corinthos and his mob family, but...notsomuch. I seem to recall someone shooting at Carlos and Greens, but Carlos lingered on with injuries for a few weeks before dying. Simone was in the room when he started to die.

• Members

Sorta nerdy. He was Fusion's lawyer whenever Simone got them in legal trouble during the early Fusion days. They were sorta kinda somehow trying to see how he and Simone would work together (I remember them skinny-dipping at the beach once, or something like that), but he went away to Massachusetts. He returned during the whole Satin Slayer nonsense as a red herring.

He was never a major character, just someone on the periphery. Similar to Lysistrata Schwartz.

• Members

She is a trip. Apparently, Chuck Scarborough (her co-anchor) was diddling with his Blackberry and he missed the copy he was supposed to read, but yeah, the way she lays into that vowel and those consonants is priceless. There were also tabloid reports that she was regularly seen having a few *sippy-sippies* at Cafe des Artistes before the nightly newscast. She has a cameo as herself in The First Wives Club.

Yeah, I guess that was Rosa who I'm thinking about.

That is HILARIOUS about the picnic/dog biscuits. Ha, I can just hear Erica saying "Carl" (Coral). I know that's closer to the right pronunciation, but for years I thought she was referring to some big burly dude in the kitchen.

I have a vague memory of Kenny, I was in college then and relied mostly on my mom's recaps, but I looked it up and he was played by Adrian Rieder:

REIDER-300x267.jpg

Is Terri Ivens biracial?

Archived