Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 26, 2009

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Cane/Lily did seem to have the propping duties. Didn't you think that story was supposed to go on longer? It was very abruptly dropped, as were Billy's feelings for Lily. I think that may be why they brought Mackenzie back, to take over Lily's role, as Chance has taken over Cane's role.

I still think that when they developed, slightly, the Cane/Chloe relationship towards the end, it was one of Chloe's more passable pairings. I haven't really seen any chemistry with her and the other men, aside from Devon.

• Members

Billy, Lily & Cane were almost totally wrecked to prop Chloe's schizo ass.

Pretty much.

For someone who was "falling in love" Billy acts like he doesn't even know Lily anymore.

Yep.

Liz Hendrickson has WAY more chemistry with Bryton & Ostrich Boy than she ever has with Driscoll or Miller.

But one is Black & the other is Wack so neither relationship will ever happen.

• Members

I remember that "maid's daughter" scene, where I think we were supposed to be appalled, but for once I really thought CK brought her A game and I actually agreed with Lily. It doesn't help that the whole 'my mother sent me to boarding school and neglected me and I hate her' stuff, which was practically dropped on Chloe's head, was so manufactured. I guess that's more potpurri but nearly a year later I'm still baffled about their writing choices with that character.

I don't think I would mind Chance/Chloe if they used that to move away from her love life and help develop her more, but I think she did spark better with the earlier men. I remember really enjoying the Devon/Chloe arguments.

• Members

Chloe doesn't need anyone to prop her, EH has enough charisma and talent that if TIIC just knew how to write characters, she could be the new Jill. Plot Plot PLOT has damaged so many of these characters. I don't blame the actors because it is not their job to write dialogue that is fitting for their characters. When Billy and Chloe were first put in scenes together I thought their chemistry was great and really thought they would be great lovers/sparring partners like Jill and Jack. Then it changed overnight like BM and EH had a falling out, or they were directed to tone it down to support their pairings with others, and in the process all these couples are sparkless.

If all they had planned for Mac was a Friday cliff hanger, they should have had her walk in at the end of the wedding and then gone back to Dafur. When an 80+ couple like Katherine and Murphy are more exciting than a former "Supercouple" like Billy and Mac then there is something seriously wrong.

• Members

I think it wasn't EH who needed propping, moreso the writers themselves. They made Chloe a stalker/psycho and then apparently decided to backtrack, when there was never any need to make her crazy in the first place. This character was made so needlessly all over the place, in regards to her relationships with both Cane and Billy.

I think she's found a groove since then, because she was never as far gone as someone like Adam (and I think she's a better fit for Chloe than MM is for Adam), but I'm still not sure if they know what to do with her. I think she needs to be kept away from Billy for a long while.

• Members

Billy should be drinking and driving one night and run over Deacon and Victoria, killing Deacon and leaving Vicky in a coma until they find a less coma inducing actress. Then he can get off with a fine, community service, AA and a re-invigorated rivalry with JT.

• Members

I just think this is too simplistic. Jack bears some responsibility for the Patty of today--period! And he treated Mary Jane is some pretty shallow ways too (heck, wasn't he fighting for his marriage at the time he sl*tted around with both Phyllis and Mary Jane??). I simply don't agree with either of the assertions above.

YES! I'd enjoy seeing that!

I really liked drunken Billy and Sharon. For the first time, the two of them just had some fun. I actually wish they'd pursue this some more from a healthier place. Like Phyllis with Nick, maybe the two of them just provide a fun, safe harbor from the rest of the world.

• Members

I think Billy and Chloe are pretty damn hot. If this show has to refocus on younger people you could do far worse than Miller and Hendrickson. As for Mac, I have no idea how they recast her with this blonde diesel chick with a face like Glenn Close on a five-day bender.

• Members

DeeeDee is picking up, I think, on some angry scenes between Bryton and Chloe (after her betrayal of Lily was revealed). Bryton had as much passion and energy as he's shown in a while.

Bryton is capable of playing more than nerdy...but the writing seldom supports him in that goal these days.

I really enjoy the comic chemistry between Hendrickson and Miller, but I don't really pick up the romantic/sexual chemistry there. I find that Chloe is actually weakened by her association with Billy.

Referencing another post, I really like this Mackenzie (diesel-looking, bender notwithstanding). I just pick up this wounded-creature vibe. I just want someone to comfort her, heal her. I know that sounds sick, but she's been through so much (stepdaddy Ralph, homelessness, separation from her 'true love' by relatedness, lost baby [and love] with JT, Darfur, estrangement from her mother). It totally makes sense to me that she is dour and gloomy.

What I want is for someone to sense all that pain in her, and to love her anyway. I'd like to finally see her find some joy, some trust. I totally buy Clementine's portrayal.

• Members

Sadly, I'm done with Bryton and his character. Which is kind of depressing, it is just another character which got fully destroyed by this regime and nothing a possible following one can do can change that.

I find it that Chloe could eat him for breakfast, she is a "towering figure" and I don't think he can be her "equal", to use a wrong expression.

Hendrickson is weakened by her association with Billy because she is written as a pen!s-obsessed idiot and dumb female. And Billy as a complete jerk. A lethal combo. Anyway, I think they could be a hot couple just for a while, then be done forever.

Archived