AMC: Friday, October 16, 2009

• Members

Sarah Michelle G complained to the press? ten or so years after she left the show? I think too it wasn't made too public that Julia was being demoted to recurring (and so she left instead)--with many fo these actors we seem to ehar about it beforehand but in this case it kinda was a done deal by the time anyone knew, it seemed. I can't believe though they didn't even write her a farewell scene. Like... c'mon.

We used to get Emmerdale in Canada--I'll check itout. Does that mean his wife has moved back to England post Passions?

Agreed about the talent (to be fair at least now Annie gets to chew scenery--the actress was even more wasted as the milque toastheroine she was originally)

Carmen got no exit. SHe had that horribly written scene where suddenly her and Erica hated each other and that was it. I HATE when actors don't get an exit--even when it's a character I dislike strongly I find nothing in soap operas more insulting than when they can't EVEN at the least have a line thrown in where some character mentions he moved away.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SMG didn't complain personally, but Eva la Rue complained to the press and said that SMG felt the same way she did. I assume Sarah let Eva use her name, so that still means something.

Yeah, no exit, no goodbye party, nothing. It was a big slap in the face. I guess Jackson gets the same wallop now. As others have said, if not for Thorsten Kaye, I wonder if Myrtle would have had anything.

Juliet Mills did move back to England. I think she was on a wildlife show with her sister Hayley.

Thanks, I couldn't remember about Carmen. I guess at least she wasn't shot in the head.

• Members

I just didn't realize SMG even THOUGHT about AMC let alone actors like Barr anymore at all! I'm kinda shocked.

She deserved an exit--even a quick goodbye to Jamie for crying out loud (and I'm not even a Jamie fan!). I have so much loyalty to the actress and character--even though I was scarcely 12 years old one of the stories, oddly, was the tragic love life of Brooke--first with Tad when he wanted Dixie then with Edmund when he wanted Maria lol. A great undetrated actress and great character. I do get the impression one reason for not much fuss made by fans, etc was Julia Barr seemed kinda ok with the decision--she has her life, has it seems to me retired from acting (at least tv/movie acting), has her work with animals, etc and when offered recurring she decided that was that. Still, I wish somehow she could return (I actually ahd a dream earlier this year she returned to the show, I'm not kidding, and was so happy when I woke up only to realize it was a dream--sad I know). (I hope we get something with Jack too--at least a goodbye--kinda ironic he prob won't come to LA and one of the characters he always interacted with the most, Bianca, might come back now)

I do hope we get some sort of show the way we did for Myrtle for Palmer/James M. Maybe they could tie it into the 40th Anniversary, or SOMETHING--but if all mention of him completely disappears I will NOT be pleased.

Looked up Maxwell C in Emmerdale--wow he's FINALLY starting to show his age a bit.

• Members

He still has a good body though.

Brooke could be difficult to write for but when they did actually write for her she was a big benefit to the show. Her last real story was when she learned Maria was alive and told Edmund. Julia was amazing in that story.

I think the last thing I remember her in was that story where Janet kidnapped all the vets and dumped them in a truck or something. I guess that tells us Frons's opinion on those characters.

Did Dre have an exit?

• Members

I just liked her being a presence on the show even when the material was wanting--selfish I know. HAHA I forgot about that storyline (speaking of why hasn't Janet, with her recurring sorta status had ANY itneraction with Amanda and her baby? If this was old school AMC we'd get great comic stuff, I dunno with Amanda forcing David to let Janetlive in Wildwind and them interacting, or something--as much as I hated that they made Janet psycho again, I've accepted that and wouldn'tmind actually having her used now and again--I remember over a year ago under B/E's writing we were promised that her and Richy would team up which sounded potentially amusing--instead we got like one scene--just such a waste of OBVIOUS entertainment stuff, stuff that almost writes itself)

Oh Max is still handsome--it's that for so long he looked almost exactly as he did in Grease 2 it was uncanny. You can finally see lines in his face, etc

We did get an exit for Dre--he came to tell Colby that he was going with his dad or whatever. Again--while maybe pointless I was glad to get some kind of goodbye--it seems so insulting for them to have us watch a pointless badly conceived character for months and then hope we'll not even remember that he's now completely gone with no explanation

• Members

Love Enid, always.

Who is that woman with Enid?

So Wilma loved and favored Natalie, right? She seems like a headcase even with Natalie. Is that the same actress who played Wilma later on?

I love the scene between Natalie and Ellen. Kathleen Noone is such a fine dramatic actress, even if she ended up just playing camp on all her later soaps. They don't have heroines like Ellen on AMC these days, although Angie does sort of have that vibe.

• Members

I can't recall who the woman with Enid is.

Yes, Natalie was Wilma's favorite... Janet was the "ugly duckling".

There were 3 different Wilmas.

The first actress (seen HERE) died in a car accident; the one in the clip with Enid was the replacement, and the third to play the character was Dena Dietrich (seen HERE).

• Members

Thanks. Did they ever mention Janet before the Janet/Natalie story started?

I really like Kate Collins as Natalie, I wonder what she would have been like if they hadn't reformed her and then put her with Trevor, if Kate would have stayed on the show.

• Members

I remember Stephanie Beacham saying in an interview once that she thought Maxwell Caulfield was a prick when they did The Colbys. I can't remember the exact details, but I think it had something to do with him making snarky remarks about the fact that she was playing his mother when she wasn't all that much older than him. I think she said their relationship improved however.

I'm guessing that lady with Enid is a dayplayer. That second Wilma is Ruby Holbrook, Hal's ex and the mother of his children. Of course the third Wilma, Dena "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!" Dietrich played Dorothy's sister Gloria (replacing OLTL's Doris Belack) on The Golden Girls. Man, I will never forget the sight of Janet walking into Nat and Trevor's house for the first time, it took me and my grandparents a second to register that it was also Kate Collins!

• Members

I scare myself that I remember this (LOL) but Natalie did mention Janet at least once long before Janet appeared. It must've been early 1986, around the time the show went on location for the big foxhunt at the Chandler Estate that would ultimately take the life of Alex Hunter. I remember Natalie mentioning to Jeremy and Erica that she had been on the phone with her sister Janet in Canada. Wisner Washam was the HW then. He was also co-headwriter with Agnes when Janet was introduced in 1991. The obvious intent was to create a spoiler for her romance with Trevor, and my guess is that Agnes or Wisner remembered what was probably just a throwaway line from four years earlier mentioning Janet, and voila, we got Janet!

Archived