AMC: Friday, October 16, 2009

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She did though she came back at elast once--maybe for Edmund's wedding or Dimitri's? and for a while she'd be mentioned--she sent them a train set for Wildwind one Xmas, etc I loved Angelique lol--I was only 12 or so when that story aired but I felt a lot of sympathy for her--who knows, as an adult now I may find her dull to the extreme,

Yeah Nixon/McTaish went all out gothic for the Wildwind stuff--we had the wife in the attic liek Jane Eyre, the creepy meddlesome housekeeper with ties to the old wife like Rebecca, and shades of Wuthering Heights all thrown in! Loved it lol

• Members

The last time I remember seeing Angelique was when she was making an out of town phone call to Edmund maybe. I didn't realize that Season Hubley had a bit of a visible career pre-AMC, I remember watching the Rosie O'Donnell show one day and Rosie was racking her brain about an episode of The Partridge Family and she couldn't remember who the guest star was, and she threw out Season Hubley as one of the possibilities, it was so random to me to hear Season's name mentioned. Wasn't she married to a famous rock star for a time or something?

• Members

I hope folks "who matter" are paying attention. The fact that we get all excited about what was opposed to what is is nothing to be taken lightly. The economy has sh!t to do with good storytelling. Let me repeat,

THE ECONOMY HAS SH!T TO DO WITH GOOD STORYTELLING.

And if you can't deliver, go out and find someone who can. Don't be afraid to ask for pointers, advice.

*EFAIE

• Members

One of the HUGE problems right now -- aside from lack of good storytelling -- is the fact that so much of the show (well, too much of the show) takes place in that damn hospital.

Seriously, lately, whenever I think of AMC, I immediately think of that damn hospital corridor with tacky fluorescent lighting where everyone hangs out -- even when they don't have to be there.

• Members

Season Hubley was kind enough to make a last-minute appearance due to Frances Heflin's illness. In the plot, Dimitri needed a warm shoulder to lean on/get advice from regarding his relationship with Erica. It was supposed to be a pivotal scene. Originally, he was supposed to seek out Mona's advice. Fran Heflin was too ill with cancer at that point to make an appearance, so they called up Season to stand in for her. Again, the little things I remember!

• Members

I agree about the hospital being used too much (before that it was Fusion--both ugly sets). AMC badly needs to try to get back some of that sense of community (and a sense that not eveyrone has endless cash).

I also loved tha tmix of larger than life characters (some even verged onc aricature but never quite did) humour, etc with the soap drama--Interesting though reading some soap books from teh 70s and early 80s many traditional soap fans--or writers anyway, weren't fully convinced of it. I remember one soap book sayign the show was consistantly well written but it could be heard to watch because you'd have a dramatic tragic scene back to back with a comic one--liek flipping the channel between Love Story and some comedy. but I find this a strength--which is why I prefer the AGnes Nixon style of soap over the Bill Bell style

Re the Wildwind stories--every so often Nixon tries gothic storytelling (WIldwind in many ways echoed the Courtland intro story) which isn't her usual stgyle but she does seem to have a strong interest in it (some have argued her gothic stories often weren'ther strongest though, as I said, I loved all that Wildwind stuff)

Archived