AMC: Tuesday - 10.6.2009

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gatschet. But yeah, I pronounce it as Gaskett because I'm lazy. I like them together, too. I never had a problem with SG on Guiding Light, just the lame, lame pairing she had to be a part of (in front of and behind the camera...*sigh*). Now I just need them to push Randy!Randi out of the scene.

And yes, he is remaining with the show in LA.

• Members

That's pretty much how it is. You have to be a bubbly "Fun in the Sun"-type of hunky hunk for ABC to value you, it seems. Not that anything's wrong with mindless eye candy, but geez, give Corny some credit for being sexy AND talented AND intelligent. He's sexy BECAUSE he is so talented and intelligent.

Colby mentioning the Jake/Liza/Adam paternity drama from ten years ago is just another reason why SORAS sucks. Ain't nobody in the world gonna look at RPG's Jake and Moncrief's Colby and believe that she could be his kid.

• Members

Cornelius is a very fine man, in many ways. I like him a lot.

Second day in a row I enjoyed.

Lots of talk about motivations and true feelings. Something actually soap-like and welcome for me (likely an anomaly for Pratt or just the end of one story cycle? B) ). I even enjoyed Jake and Amanda's dialogue today. I found myself in the unusual place of appreciating Jake through the most of the show. Naturally, things went awry at the end when Jake showed his ass without provocation from David once again. In David's own house. Tiresome. Makes me think Jake secretly wants David just like his brother Tad.

I think Denise Vasi can just almost do *jealous*. If so that's just going to add to my current enjoyment of the developing triangle with Madison and Frankie.

Darnell went bug-eyed with near neck roll again today just for R Sinclair. :lol:

Got a kick out of Madison's Dad storming around like a bull and calling out the "nest of Hubbards".

Angie and Randi, both have hair trouble. Wardrobe hates Colby today.

Moncrief pulled one out today and did a very fine job in the Stuart reveal scene with Luner. Luner was good, too. The scene took some building but they both did a nice job. Colby got line of the day with the one about "You found a kid to lure me back---Maybe you should have named him *Bait*. Zing!

Tad encouraged truth and forgiveness today. It looks good on MEK and Tad. Liked his scenes with Colby, too. Colby has good arguments for wanting to break free from the lies of her parents.

• Members

I want to see more Tad/Liza. I like them together.

I think Jamie Luner is a good actress, but I didn't like her scenes with BM. Something missing.

Randi needs to shut the f up. Yesterday, she was pleading with Frankie to be sympathetic towards Madison. Today he is and Randi is all up in his grill.

• Members

I agree with everything you said.

For the past 3 episodes, I haven't fast forwarded through anything. It's nice to have real conversations on AMC again, even with Rebecca Taylor writing the script. It just proves that the current staff can do good soap opera when they want to. I hope it's not just the end of a story cycle and then we're thrust back into the same old plot-driven [!@#$%^&*] again.

• Members

I agree. I'm rigid and harsh on Rebecca Taylor -- because she deserves it -- but this was a decent episode as well. I echo what's been said, that it was more about the characters and the conversations about their feelings and motivations rather than the plot. I did enjoy Colby's "maybe you should've named him 'Bait!'" line.

I think there needs to be a more cohesive ebb and flow with the storytelling which I never believed was Pratt's strong point. I think the current moments were more about luck than anything intentionally plotted out.

Archived