AMC: Thursday, October 1, 2009

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it me, or are the Martins missing the small little fact that Jake walked out on Amanda after she didn't pass his little "How Much Do You Love Me and How Much Does Your Life Revolve Around Me" test? Amanda was ready and willing to spend the evening with Jake and Trevor -- but since she failed to answer the question of if she'd hypothetically hop on a jet and kidnap the baby with him, he bolted like a spoiled little brat. Just when I thought everyone was getting a clue by telling Jake that his Saved by the Bell plans that even Zack and Screech would laugh at are doing no harm but good... I'm smacked in the face with the truth. They're all dummies.

• Members

I don't think Jake has been mean to Amanda at all. I do, however, think that Amanda is behaving like a two year old twit. And that's coming from someone who really loves the character. I don't blame Jake for feeling the way he does, or for trying to get Amanda to open her eyes to the truth - that Dave is playing her for all she is worth.

• Members

I actually didn't mind the episode, but... Was this Kimberly Hamilton's first episode? I've never seen her name before btu she seemed to be working too hard to try to prove herself--we had the random Beauty and the Beast reference which only half made sense in context, and I think there were a bunch of other "clever" lines that I think showed her trying to prove herself--I prefered the one JR had about Samson losin ghis strength with his hair although it still kinda sounded out of character.

• Members

Amanda's acting like a two year old twit? She's the one constantly running out on Jake hoping he'll follow her to prove his love, right? Oh, wait. That's Jake. Everything with Jake is a test.

Test One:

Jake: I wanna spend time alone with you, Amanda! You're my wife! I wanna be with you and our son.

Amanda: Jake, I can't. David would become livid if he caught us together, and take Trevor away for good -- and send YOU to prison!

Jake: You don't love me at all!

(Jake pouts, stomps out and goes get drunk)

Result: FAIL

Test Two:

Amanda: Jake! Great news! David's mellowed! Let's go spend the night together with our son!

Jake: Yeah, that's good, and all... but what if I said let's hop on a jet, kidnap Trevor and never look back? Would you do it?

Amanda: Oh, come on, Jake. You know David wouldn't stop until we're found. He'd throw both of us in prison and he'd have Trevor all to himself. I can't risk that.

Jake: You love David more than you love me!

(Jake pouts, stomps out and goes get drunk)

Test Three:

Jake sits around, blatantly showing how miserable he is to Tad and Krystal. Whines, pouts, throws temper tantrums... rewinds the TiVo of David and Amanda dancing over and over and over and over again. He ignores Amanda's calls. Has Tad and Krystal make Amanda feel like crap for not being with him, even though he's the one who pushed her away and continues to do so and ignores her when she reaches out. Amanda finally comes groveling back to Jake.

Result: PASS

Test Four:

Amanda: Let's try to fix this. David says--

Jake: David's brainwashed you!

Amanda: No, he hasn't. I can think for myself.

Jake: Well, fine. If that insult doesn't work, how about this one? You're breaking our vows!

Amanda: What?! How can you say that?!

Jake: And the pièce de résistance... you're building a home with him! Not me!

(Jake pouts, stomps out and runs into Krystal)

Krystal: Amanda loves you, Jake.

Jake: Oh, yeah? How come when I left, she didn't come after me, huh?

Amanda's caught between a rock and a hard place. I called it from day one. The minute she stopped being free-spirited, fun loving Amanda and started trying to be the perfect Martin Girl for the impossible to please Martin Boys, I knew she'd be screwed over. The women in their lives are NEVER allowed to make their own decisions -- if those decisions don't include catering to their egos. I knew it would only be a matter of time before Amanda would be the one blamed for messing up her relationship with Jake. It's never Tad or Jake's fault. I can't stand how people calling Amanda all kinds of twits and two year olds and brainless/brainwashed... whatever. Amanda's the one who is putting up with the most crap in this situation. I may be a David fan, but I know Amanda isn't. So it must suck for her to actually tolerate as well as live with a man she doesn't like in order to keep her son in her life, and her husband out of jail. Yet, that's not enough. The Martins aren't satisfied. It's like, "Yeah, sure, you're doing all of this to keep Jake from suffering the consequences for his countless crimes... but, Amanda, you're not bleeding ENOUGH! We need MORE!"

And I swear to the soap gods... if that Hobilly Krystal starts in with yet another "When I was living with David..." comparison, I'll reach through the screen and strangle her with that ugly top myself! :mad: She's acting like she spent years suffering through endless hell living with David. Get the hell out of here, bitch! It was a couple of months... and if recall correctly, you did a doozy on him, too. Sold him out on the witness stand... had him promise to stay away from his baby with Amanda to prove he loved you... lied to him about a twin daughter you sold on the black market for a case of Miller Lite and a Double wide... :rolleyes: Quit acting like you were some young, sinless and naive ingenue that David seduced into his wicked, wicked lair. You went into that relationship with some baggage, some tricks up your sleeves and some skeletons in your closet.

Speaking of baggage, I had to chuckle at Zendall's "baggage" bit. And speaking of Zendall... thank GOD Kendall acted rational today. We FINALLY got to the point of Kendall's weeks and weeks of Liza jealousy. We all knew it. It's nothing new -- that she wants Zach to proclaim her as the one and only woman in his life from now until the end of days -- but it's just nice that she owned it.

On a superficial note, I wonder how it feels for Alicia to know that not only is she going on maternity leave, but the show is moving to Los Angeles -- AND there's another actress in the building that strongly resembles her and is actually playing the fun house version of her character? ;)

• Members

*peels self off wall*

Good Lord, I can still hear Krystal's voice. Going on and on in high Carey Woman style like I fortunately haven't experienced in awhile. Bring back Dr. Dave's Toasty Happy Milk if this is the alternative. Whew. The Beauty and The Beast dialogue was too punched up and Disney-izing for me and I don't usually have a problem with the cross-marketing thang. Maybe it's the new writer trying too hard as Eric mentioned?

Jake Martin. Loser. I think R Sinclair pretty well made that argument for me. I also feel more now than I did for Amanda (even though she is in another PV FauxPrison she helped create) because she shouldn't have to be dealing with Jake's whining over perceived disses or a lack of lovin' with everything else Amanda has to deal with.

I really like Jamie Luner more and more and liked how Liza handled herself today. The line about Liza having integrity didn't go over for me. Liza has a certain narrowly or situationally defined integrity (in that she didn't sellout Zach and Kendall) but it's hard for her to pull off a claim of personal integrity in the broader sense.

I had a moment where I realized I'll miss Colby. I hope they recast. Is Marcy Rylan too old?

Moncrief grew on me some. I think she got pretty good at comedy and her scenes with JL could be touching. BM reminded me of Elizabeth Hendrickson during her AMC Frankie Stone days Thursday.

I liked how Kendall handled herself in this episode for the most part. Not screechy or no begging. I usually agree with Kendall's arguments to Zach, but her presentation sucks generally. MV.

I find Kendall's doppleganger creepy.

Zach had about one line of self-revelation. :o That's kind of like seeing a unicorn or a falling star. Minimal on his part but I must note it since I rag on him all the time. There are still plenty of moments even in this episode where Zach acts as though superior to Kendall, imo.

Annie and Scott are just...kind of-- weird together. But not uninteresting (my preference was for Annie to really care about Adam, alas). Scott's bursts of Alpha Male Sexy Beast Wannabe strike me funny sometimes because to me AM looks kind of like a guy who might sing in a barber shop quartet. Mr. Rogers sweaters and hush puppies-type, though maybe that's the point. CrazyAnnieSoonToBeChandler likes it.

The scene with Mabe, Junior and Scott fell flat for me though I liked the point of it which was re-affirming some connection between Scott and JR. I am happy the show is trying to do any story with potential for heart like JR's illness (not planning on a good execution or anything but at least they're trying). It's kind of boring though with Mabe around, honestly. Girl cannot liven up a joint. Your twin sister, for all her voluminous and serious faults, could. I am glad the story is there for JY. Liked the show bringing on another chemo patient the other day.

• Members

What ya mean? I often miss who wrote what episode and with my hospital adventure and a Summer filled with travel I haven't been on here--but I've not missed much in the way of actually watching AMC... *confused*

RSMITH said:

"Annie and Scott are just...kind of-- weird together. But not uninteresting (my preference was for Annie to really care about Adam, alas). Scott's bursts of Alpha Male Sexy Beast Wannabe strike me funny sometimes because to me AM looks kind of like a guy who might sing in a barber shop quartet. Mr. Rogers sweaters and hush puppies-type, though maybe that's the point. CrazyAnnieSoonToBeChandler likes it.

The scene with Mabe, Junior and Scott fell flat for me though I liked the point of it which was re-affirming some connection between Scott and JR. I am happy the show is trying to do any story with potential for heart like JR's illness (not planning on a good execution or anything but at least they're trying). It's kind of boring though with Mabe around, honestly. Girl cannot liven up a joint. Your twin sister, for all her voluminous and serious faults, could. I am glad the story is there for JY. Liked the show bringing on another chemo patient the other day."

I think that IS kinda the point with Scott and I admit I'm kinda liking it--and almost entirely for the same reasons you say. I love how... weird it is--not typical--and that makes it more interestign although I wish we would at least have seen Annie genuinely in love with Adam for a little bit longer.

Agreed about rhe cancer story and actually so far I think they're doing a better job than I expected. I dug the stuff with the other chemo patient the other day, I like how it has JR interacting more with Tad and with Angie, and I even like that he's nto telling everyone (a soap cliche with illness stories I usually hate) cuz I find it interesting seeing his family and everyone else just so quick to assume he's back to drinking.

Archived