GH: James Franco Joins The Cast

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sit down, Eden! Sit down! <_<

And not that this means anything, but...

http://www.latimes.com/classified/realestate/hotprop/la-hmw-hotpropfranco1-2009oct01,0,7763303.story

James Franco puts his 1923 Spanish-style villa on the market for $3,695,000

The Sunset Strip-area compound has three bedrooms, vaulted and beamed ceilings, patios and a guest casita.

By Lauren Beale

Actor James Franco has listed his Sunset Strip-area compound for $3,695,000.

The Spanish-style villa, built in 1923, has three bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms in 4,000 square feet. There are vaulted and beamed ceilings, city views, an open floor plan and a master bedroom suite with a 19th century marble bathtub. The walled and gated property includes a swimming pool, patios, a lawn and a guest casita.Franco, 31, starred in "Pineapple Express" (2008) and as Harry Osborn -- the New Green Goblin -- in the "Spider-Man" movies (2002, 2004 and 2007). He got his break when he landed a leading role in the TV comedy "Freaks and Geeks" (1999-2000). Franco will play Allen Ginsberg in the 2010 film "Howl."

The property was purchased in 2006 for $2,325,000, according to public records.

Deedee Howard of Prudential California Realty, Beverly Hills, is the listing agent, the Multiple Listing Service shows.

[email protected]

• Members

How exactly IS GH going to promote this? If they run "hey, we have James Franco!!" then I would guess most of the reaction will be, "Who?"

Perhaps ABC primetime could run a repeat of one of the Spiderman movies, and then repeatedly have ads saying you can catch Franco on GH.

• Members

They'll promote the same way they always promote actors. Some viewers will know, some won't. The same can be said about Tamara Braun when she came to AMC. Some people knew who she was, some didn't.

I'm guessing more people know James Franco than they do Tamara Braun. LOL!

"The Green Goblin comes to General Hospital. Weekdays on ABC and weeknights on SOAPNet."

:lol:

• Members

Quite a few soap fans knew who Tamara was. She also made appearances in several popular primetime shows, like Cold Case.

James Franco is someone who may be a big question mark to a lot of soap fans, and probably even people who watch primetime. That's why I am not sure what promotion they will use for him. If it's going to be, "Watch, we've got James Franco!" then good luck to them.

Ew, Judd Apatow. At least he doesn't seem to be in those awful movies Apatow makes. I give him credit for that.

• Members

I'm sure they've seen him somewhere, but will that be enough to make them want to watch? Especially if his story involves the likes of Jason?

I like James Franco, from what I remember of him, and I think it's great that he's trying soaps, but I'm not sure this will make any ratings impact.

• Members

To tune in initially, yes. But of course, it's comes back to story.

I remember back in the 90's when Joe Lando took a summer job on Guiding Light. He was a big deal back then because of his work on Dr. Quinn. He was on GL for 6 weeks but really made no impact on the ratings because the story was ho-hum.

• Members

I don't think the impact here that matters is ratings. I think more important is the breakdown of stigma and barriers that real actors don't do soaps, and all soap actors are bad (which is often true sadly). All Mr Franco has to do is give a TV critic an excuse to watch GH, and then it is up to GH to sell itself so when the articles get written it is not about how awful everyone is. This is a tall order I admit, but this is really what is on the line here, not an 0.1 ratings jump.

• Members

I think you guys are underestimating his recognizability. With Spiderman, and this past year's Milk and Pineapple Express, plus TMZ/Perez Hilton exposure with his infamous stoned on-camera interview and pics of him sleeping in class at Columbia... a ton of people know who he is, especially 20/30-somethings. Not saying they'll watch for him and ratings will soar, but he's definitely got plenty of fangirls who will be tuning in.

Archived