AMC: Aiden Turner Casting News

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought he had good chemistry with Kendall, and Greenlee, and Annie, even Maria/Maureen, but like most of AMC over the past decade, the stories were usually not good. The Annie story was one of the better stories recently but ended abruptly for dumb reasons.

AMC really doesn't have any successful romances now, and hasn't for quite some time.

• Members

I wish him well, to me there was never anything particularly unlikeable about Aidan, they just never really used him. I would have been happy to see him play 50% of Ryan's stories.

I think there's definitely a place for him somewhere in daytime (playing Aiden on GH, related to Ethan on DOOL, Cane on Y&R). Of course it isn't easy losing your job, but I do hope that he realizes how very blessed he's been to have had as many years as he did with this fickle show and its penchant for flash in the pan pretty boys.

• Members

From SOD.com

Aiden Turner Off AMC

One of ALL MY CHILDREN's most popular stars, Aiden Turner, who has played the role of Aidan Devane since 2002, has been let go. "After November 6, no more Aidan Devane," the actor tells Digest. "I had a meeting with [EP] Julie [Hanan Carruthers], and she said, 'I hate to tell you this, but I have to give you your notice.' I was shocked."

• Members

Ouch. I wonder if that's his final airdate or just his final tape date. I'm torn about this news. I like the character of Aidan but agree he's pretty pointless. However, I think a lot of that is the fault of the writers, but anything would feel too little, too late now. Good luck to Aiden in all he does! It is pretty harsh that they fired him AFTER he agreed to move. I wonder if this will automatically make him Stuart's murderer now...

As for Brot leaving, I think it's up to J.R., not the show. I think it all depends on if he feels like he's being treated like an important character and not just a prop, and I think they're starting to do that finally with his Natalia romance.

• Members

What happened to Adian being frontburner this fall?

Does Pratt just make this stuff up or have plans changed?

Is Greenlee returning or are they going to just have her alive but not show her face?

Pratt pretty much said in the Fall previews that David has Greens now i think it will turn out to the suddenly talked about Vanessa.

• Members

Pratt is a lying liar who lies. Don't believe much that comes out of his mouth. He said Aidan was going to be in a big story in the next month or so that involved Greenlee coming back or something

He also said the murder mystery would be over by Labor Day, but now no one knows when it will end and Pratt himself said he doesn't either, nor does he know who the killer is.

My money is on him making Aidan the killer. Aidan exiting during sweeps, he's going to die, and someone speculated he'll say "Greenlee is alive" right before he flat lines

Archived