Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

It wasn't the mag's/book claim. It was Lisa Brown's. I'm fairly certain of that. I have always remembered that because I thought that it was cool that he did it.

I tried looking for it, the interview, several months ago. But, I couldn't find it. It could have been from between 1985 - 1994. Which was way too many magazines to thumb through. Especially, since I don't have them in order by date.

Marland approached her before he started on ATWT.

I saw an ATWT end credits clip from 11/11/85 on YouTube. Marland is listed as HW in the end credits.

Edited by SamanthaKitCat

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's great to see another poster talking about GL and with such memories of the show.

I think Marland first took over around August or September 1985 of ATWT. I'm not sure though.

Anyway, from the October 1954 TV Radio Mirror.

TVRM1054010.jpg

TVRM1054011.jpg

TVRM1054012.jpg

• Members

Andrea looks sad in that photo.

I still wonder why GL never brought Mike back, even for a visit, before those few early 1997 appearances.

Do you remember anything about GL mentioning Hope or bringing her back in 1986 or 1987? Or did they just mention her when Alan Michael arrived?

• Members

I'm think perhaps that GL wasn't that interested in keeping Don Stewart.He was probably one of the highest earners due to seniority and maybe was offered less money and fewer appearances.Having both Mike and Ed was probably seen as unnecessary as the show was constantly trying to be more hip and contemporary. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall and decided to bow out gracefully.

• Members

Hey, I loved the Dreaming Death, Brent/Marion,and the Nursey Rhyme Stalker..so who am I to judge!

But agreed, it would have been okay for a summer storyline, like in the old days when they would go on remote. And then in the fall finished it (well, I would have made the family just an aristocratic family, not royalty..how dumb was that and how stupid that no one ever noticed that it was Reva who was the Queen on that Island, especially since it seemed like that goofy island nation was known across the world.

It was supposed to be but they thought it was such a "hit," that we were stuck with that damn island for years.

• Members

I didn't mind San Cristobel for the first year or so. They just stayed too long. The initial story of intrigue and Reva unlocking herp ast worked and I thought Richard/Cassie worked too. It just made no sense to move Cassie over to SC.

The best thing about the story was often DAM's ass.