Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG I just realized that Kim Zimmer was pregnant with Jake Weary when Reva was pregnant with Shayne. I was watching GL live when I could in the late 1980s/early 1990s. I feel really old now 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Great..this is as close as its going to get of me wanting "my" soap people to be in a room drinking, talking about the shows and watching the paint peel...Kimmer..thank you! Everybody looks great..LK looks amazing, MG/RN look ageless...Kimmer looks great and love her voice and laugh.,.,miss it, and her sense of humor..and really how cool and gracious she is..(love her saying MG would make a great Juila Sugarbaker in a remake) Makes me angry what they did to Ross and what GL could have been if it had stayed on...he truly was the patriarch of Springfield. Loved the shout outs to Charita and Larry, who in college  we all wanted as our dream grandparents.

Absolutley loved the take on the crappy storylines..with Newman dissing the clone and Zimmer rolling her eyes at the whole thing...and hilarious "jumping into Cyrstals boobs to jump through time!"And MG talking about the "show dwindling down" and KZ nodding her head!

More..More..I would love to see GA,MOL, JE, BC, the first Mindy,  Lisa Brown, PS, MK ,and yes, even Deas on the next one.

• Members

Where is Jay Hammer these days? I'm truly curious as to how he's doing.  He worked closely with both BMc and MD, I bet he'd have some entertaining insights. I'd also love to hear from Jordan Clarke as I am fascinated by long-time actors (especially when they originate their roles) who no longer act. 

All those people who have been mentioned, I'd love to see/hear from. It would be interesting to hear from Lisa Brown who has now spent a great deal of time working behind the camera to get her perspective on the contrast. I've really never heard MK talk when she wasn't being Vanessa, I want to see what differences/similarities they have. I bet GA, MOL and KT (Mindy #1) would have a ball.

ATWT has over 10,000 and if they get another 10,000 I think it's more likely we'll get more of these livestream events sooner, rather than later.  If both GL and ATWT continue to get more views, who knows?

• Members

B&E.

It was amusing camp, and at least brought the town together, but the whole thing was so ludicrous. It's amazing that Holly managed to remain intact as a character. I guess it helped that we at least got some type of followup with her breakdown and recovery.

• Members

Yea, it was B&E and their "Story that has never been done on a soap before"  mantra...(i.e. a major character is behind it all, not a day player.)  I think it paved the way for Days later making Marlena the "Salem Stalker"

I liked it too, but it just ended so badly, something Newman alluded to in the dumb jumping through paintings storyline. "It was fine, until I joined you jumping in and then it was just stupid."  The NR storyline could have been saved if it wasnt for as Maureen and Zimmer laughed about..."I kidnapped all the kids and I was serving them hot chocolate or something."  Holly threatening the moms was good and the "accidents" went a bit far but could have worked, but they had to go for the BIG ending and of course, Reva saving the day again...(it should have been Ed, Ross or even Fletcher.)

I just wish someone talked about the stupidity of the island and the mob.