Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I forgot Josh being drugged by his "shaving cream" and being outside the door yelling..."I love you !" to Cassie! I remember when we all made fun of it and its nice to know the actors felt the same way...RN:"Not my best acting"  Uh, no one could have made that [!@#$%^&*] work.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just as I did the ATWT Zoom chat the other day, I thoroughly enjoyed the GL one. It’s refreshing to see all these stars come back and be just so candid about their experiences and memories.

Maureen Garrett looks absolutely amazing for a lady turning 72 this year, and it’s encouraging seeing Jerry verDorn still able to interact with other people. All the others were looking great too (Liz, Kim and Robert). I hope Alan keeps these running whilst we are still going through this lockdown phase.

• Members

Kathleen was already an established film actress by this time, I think.

I sort of wondered at the time if that story may have been a plan to eventually pair up Josh and Cassie - Rauch/B&E tested those waters repeatedly before finally doing it with Olivia. 

• Members

I think you're right as I think the movie Body Heat came out the year before, what a difference their careers took. I'm guessing it would have been someone Pam would have known, wonder if Harley Kozak was considered? 

I remember Josh and Cassie being teased for just about most of 1998. It started with the clone story and then later on with Annie drugging Josh but given the nature of their storyline orbits it would never would have worked at all. 

• Members

I was actually just about to say that. I have a feeling it was someone from Texas and Carla would have been perfect. The character was referenced in the summer of 1983 and was referred to as Joanna, not Reva.

It also could have been Caryn Richman, who played Elena on Texas. There was talk in 1983 of Richman joining GL