ATWT: Eileen Fulton's 50th anniversary wish: Kill Lisa!

• Members

Of all the vets, she's certainly the most neglected, which is strange since she IS on contract and still recieved top billing. Here's a quote from Daytime Confidential:

I agree with her. If they aren't going to use her and she's still on contract, just kill Lisa off. Give her a big story fitting the character and send her off. Maybe her other son (who is much younger than Bob) could return and actually have a storyline. It's a shame they don't use her more, because I think her comedic style works well with the younger actors on the show.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2010 would mark 50 years of Lisa and 50 years of Don Hastings as Bob Hughes. It's a real shame they don't write to Lisa. She really brings a lot to the canvas. I wish they never got rid of John Dixon because he was a great character and his scenes with Lisa were always great.

• Members

This wish would be JFP's Command: she's a woman and and she's a veteran actress. Poor thing would be chased around the Snyder Farm the whole episode until she was finally strangled and murdered.

I wonder what Goutman's deal is. They're still paying her for at least one day a week, per her contract, and they still won't use her.

• Members

I'll never understand why you would pay ANYONE and not use them. Who has money for that? I can maybe understand if the character is a floptastic newbie, but even then they usually give them things to do. Can't Lisa show up at the Lakeview and become involved in Henry and Audrey's schemes? She's camp enough to fit in there. She also has an interesting relationship with Casey. Just odd because they do still feature Bob and Kim.

• Members

I'm so depressed. I just lost my beloved Guiding Light and now I read this. :(:( Tommy Garrett (Canyon News) didn't mention any of this in his August 22 article. He said Eileen was looking forward to working more on ATWT.

I really want Eileen/Lisa to stick around for many years to come. I couldn't bear to watch Lisa die. Just thinking about it makes me cry. My grandmother (she passed away in 2001) adored Lisa and my mother and I adore her, as well. Don't go Eileen!

• Members

What I like about this is that Eileen isn't sitting at home feeling bad for herself. She's still out performing regularly and doesn't seem to be letting this get her down. She still wants to perform and if she can't get that at ATWT, she'll get it elsewhere.

• Members

I agree. That's why I can take her comment without it totally depressing me. It's sad though. Eileen got the bitchy ball rolling on soaps, to think that the portrayer of such an iconic, at one time hugely popular character would be hoping for her own demise... like you said, it's not as if ATWT is incapable of using her. And remember that Carmen Duncan slap in the face a few years ago? What's really going on...

• Members

I love Eileen so much, and I'm glad that she doesn't play ignorant or dumb as far as the show is concerned. She knows that they've been neglecting her for years now, and she's not afraid to call them out on it. I think it's great that she focuses her attention elsewhere, with the cabaret shows and such. Don't let 'em think you need 'em, girl!

Archived