AMC: Thursday, September 17, 2009

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Pratt was named headwriter I thought the show would be shallow. I thought it would be sleazy. I thought the writing would be very superficial. I thought there would be stunts galore. But I never thought it would be boring. I was wrong.

I think all the dance-floor scenes today (but perhaps not the scenes on other sets) were taped post-Frons and his announcement because the chicken dance was taped the very next day, according to Chrishell Stause. You could really see the fake smiles plastered on people's faces today.

• Members

I was on Agnes Nixon's website and was watching the 20th Anniversary special. They showed some clips of the masquerade ball at Cortlandt Manor. I swear it was like watching a movie. The sets were expansive and there was a feeling of grandiosity. It was beautiful to watch. What I'm watching right now, is crap.

• Members

I still don't get the point of a dance marathon. Even as a way to save money it adds up to boring TV. They should have done a poll to see which characters viewers want to see drop dead. I also wonder if AMC hyping their damn chicken dance the same week as GL, lurching to its end, has a chicken dance, should tell us about AMC's upcoming demise.

• Members

BINGO!

Kendall to Zach: "You dont want to look after Annie. You just wanted to get away from me so you could spend time with Liza"

Zach: 'click' as he hangs up the phone

Kendall: "Hello? hello? hello!"

LMAO! Go Zach!

that is exacly what they were trying to avoid here

• Members

Yikes - just watched and its kind of off to a slow start... I also agree the dancing should be at ConFusion and the storage/wait room should be in the ghetto Fusion offices...ugh.

So someone help me out here --- how do they save tons of money by using just one set for so long? Is it because they don't use as many behind the scenes people or resources? I mean the sets are still there, and all the actors are still there working with makeup/costume needs the same... I guess I just don't get how it saves them so much money.

I did love the Annie/Erica/Adam/Ryan scenes and bickering. That was fun - like Adam: "Curb your pet, Erica" :D

Just realized that Krystal isn't involved in this dance party....sad :(

• Members

Basically, they had to use what sets were already set up and standing because it's too expensive for them to haul sets in and out of storage. Theoretically, they could've written a story or a few stories using the Chandler Mansion, Hospital, and ConFusion. But coming up with a storyline or a few storylines revolving just those sets for 10 days straight was too burdensome for the genius that is Chuck Pratt. So he came up with a Dance Marathon at an office.

When I first heard La Lucci talking about shooting a dance marathon when she was on Live with Regis and Kelly, I thought she was talking metaphorically as in, "We've been shooting a marathon of episodes." I didn't think she was being serious! :lol:

Archived