GH: New opening possibly coming?

• Members

Yes I'm looking at you Natalia Livingston. Also, can we stop nominating Tony Geary, Devon Bryton/James/JustDevon, Christian LeBlanc, Michelle Stafford, Tom Pelphrey (for services to guest-starring), Julie Marie Berman, Erika Slezak, Gina Tognoni, heck, even Susan Flannery every year (and I absolutely *love* La Flannery! But it's getting to be a joke now). I love some (some!) of these actors individually but I am sick of seeing them on a ballot every year even when they have very little story.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i agree. i honeslty would have no problem with Flannery winning lead actress ever year fro, now til death, IF she was truley a lead actress with lead story and deserved to win it every year. same goes for tony geary or anyone else. the best deserve to be nom'd, and if the best are al the same ones every year or even all from one show, i have no issue with it.

i will say tho, it was great to see new faces this year.

• Members

It was great seeing Peter Reckell nommed this year for work in which he delivered. Jeff Branston was absolutely deserving of his win -- and he was rightly nominated because he had the material.

But this is prob the wrong thread for Emmy discussion. :lol: Sp, back to the topic at hand! Following certain announcements in the last 48 hours, I'm thinking JFP might save money and postpone the new GH opening. She'll prob tinker with the old one, re-do the last 10 seconds with Mo, Larry and Curly (leaving to take a pee) surrounded by Barash, Ingo, Dom Z instead of the Dead Ones. It will prob still be male-dominated and wildly misogynistic as a result. LOL.

• Members

Its about time. Who are all those guys in the last picture with Tony leaving the scene?? Have we seen even half of them in the past year?

I just hope they keep the GH song and hospital theme. No major changes...

When it comes to the Emmys. Susan Flannery and Tony Geary are the 2 best actors on daytime. No one can touch them. So if they have good material, and do what they always do -- ROCK -- they should get nominated.

I keep seeing the same thing happen at the Primetime Emmys. Same folks get nominated time and time again. Tony Shaloub, Julia Louis Dreyfus etc etc and Jennifer Aniston when Friends was still on. But I think the primetime Emmys need an update. They have more good actors than daytime. No surprise about that. But still, its the same actors and same shows that gets nominated all the time. And they have MORE than only 8 shows to choose among. Well, 7 now that GL is gone...

• Members

So the mob can be the whole show instead of 80%? Hell no! Any massacre on GH needs to take out Sonny, Carly, Jason, and Spinelli first and foremost. Claudia will be gone in a month. With these five characters off the canvas, GH would improve 100 times over.

• Members

I don't think I said that. I just hate the character and hate how she's always written as ms, do no wrong. She's not much different than Jason in that respect and I hate him too and I hate the slanted writing both characters get. I sided with Sam when Liz/Jason were going on even with the baby napping stuff for exactly that reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived