The Game Show Thread!

bellcurve

• Members

I played the online game on mute, so I didn't even realize the new music was playing. I did watch today...eh. It's not radically different, but I'm so not a fan of the DOND-esque "what's behind the question!!" parts. That kind of thing annoys me. The score didn't sound horrible, but it was much more generic. The old Millionaire music was iconic and it was totally unnecessary to change it.

Did anyone catch Steve's Feud? It used to come on at a decent early evening slot, but I think it's strictly mornings now.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
What pisses me off about J.D. Roberto is his annoying, smartassed comments to the contestants. Like an old lady that was slow about getting down contestants row and J.D. says, "Now rolling into our 40th season." Shut your mouth, dude!

And yes...I live for free coins in the Facebook App. :) What annoys me though are the looney f*ckers that write down the prices to everything and bid on the nose. That's pretty pathetic, IMO.

I also hate the people that bid one dollar over someone else and they are not the last bid. I.E.

Player One: 450

Player Two: 1000

Player Three: 451

PLayer Four: ???

Logically, player four bids 452 right? Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But why risk blowing the game for someone like that? That's not fair. Bidding one dollar over should be reserved for the last person in contestant's row. But some of these players are not smart.

• Members

I only caught the mid-show bumper of TPIR during...*sniffle* ATWT's timeslot on Monday or Tuesday, so I haven't heard his CODing yet. Making fun of the contestants does seem to be close to Drew's style, so I can see that happening.

Ugh, yes, the people who cheat. What I love is that everyone sees your picture, so the ones who cheat aren't just big, fat hairy losers in my mind. I have the evidence to prove it. As far the +1 bidding, I think people do it simply because it's an infamous Contestants' Row strategy, so of course they just have to do it to be cool. Lame. Whenever I think the others' have bid too high, I don't bid $1, I usually go for about fifty bucks just because.

Can you type your bids in at all? Because I can't see myself ever winning Clock Game the way they have it...

• Members

I won it like once or twice. It's the same as in the Wii game with arrows. It can be tricky, so I strongly recommend using a free mouse with it.

Oh, and Plinko is a bitch! That might be a pricing game that you will play and Plinko never yields good money. I hope I never have that as one of my games to play for extra cash.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
:lol: I remember this day, what a riot! It became somewhat of a recurring gag, I remember Penn & Teller jokingly shouting, "You fool!" a couple of times after this. See, this is a fun modern take on a Game Show, LMAD pales in comparison. Also, I didn't really care for the Henry Winkler HS revamp, it was a little too *too* if you know what I mean. Of course I grew up with the '80s version, John Davidson, Shadoe Stevenson, Joan Rivers, Wayland & Madame, Princess Zsa Zsa, those were the days :lol: ...

• Members

Henry took over Squares when it became H2, correct? And they had Tina Marie rerecord Square Biz as the new theme song. The show had a different feel then than it did during the Whoopi days. I remember it used to air nightly at 11:30 here and young AMS would stay up on Fridays to watch it. Good times.

That Garry Moore article is sweet. I always liked Garry and thought he was very handsome in the 50s. I never thought about a line of distinction between the calm, gentle 50s/60s-style panel games and the big money game shows of that 70s and 80s before, but of course the differences are there. I like what he has to say about personalities, and I think that even in the big panel-less shows of that time the host had enough personality to make up for it. Also, in a lot of those shows, the game itself was the star, not the people.

Archived