Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Paul Raven I think the source of the Allens appearing in 1966 is actual episodes. I believe they are part of the set of episodes from the summer of 1966 that have been circulating. If not, I think it's a summary of episode available at the Paley Center. Prior to that episode appearing, I don't think any of the Allens had been mentioned or if they had been no time period had been assigned to them. 

So Kitty Allen appeared in 1966 and 1967. 

@FrenchFan Thank you for sharing these. I appreciate seeing how the pacing works in individual episodes. It seems like these episodes are lots of repetition of exposition even though they are so short. What are your thoughts on the episodes?

• Members

Way back when, a trader friend sent me three, 2-hour VHS tape of SFT from the summer of 1966. I'm trying to remember the total number of episodes I received. I believe she recorded nine on each tape, so a total of 27. I thought that was a huge amount. I don't recall any trader or fan referencing a whopping 40 episodes from that year (great as that would have been).

• Members

I've seen it listed as 2 DVDS with 21 episodes on each DVD for a total of 42. However, it's entirely possible it is 21 episodes on 2 DVDs and the person wrote it wrong. I imagine that the source would probably be the same source for the "Guiding Light" episodes from the same period so it may be more likely that it is only 21 and the other DVD is actually the GL episodes. 

Edited by dc11786

• Members

Chiming in to say that I had these Summer '66 SFT episodes at one point, purchased years and years ago on Ebay on VHS.  Unfortunately, at some point they somehow got accidentally recorded over.  Being as it's been so long since I watched the episodes, I can't remember anything in any extensive detail, but the episodes were very heavy on Len, Patti, Nick, & Emily.  I actually found the episodes more engaging than the GL episodes from the same time period and I really enjoyed Melissa Murphy's Patti.  40+ episodes seems excessive and, from my recollection, it's more like around 20 because they were all on one long playing VHS.

• 2 weeks later...